What hapenned with the big new announcement?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been over 2 and a half months since the initial announcement from Moon to expect something exciting over the CM franchise that doesn't involve CM:Touch. Are we supposed to enjoy being treated like mushrooms?

Even the next patch would be better than nothing and also appears to be well overdue.

Regards

KR

I feel your pain. In 4 weeks I am going to Normandy for 2 weeks for a well deserved vacation. But it just won't be the same without the patch...

And I don't like mushrooms, I will settle for cidre and camembert. I know a place just behind Ohama beach were they sell the best apple cidre around. Can't wait.

Also wondering what happened with Steve? Haven't seen a post from him in a long time. Was nice to get the game developer's view on things. I know he's probably busy, but a nice update once in a while would be much appreciated. Oh well i'll keep checking and hoping for some news.

It appears that Steve has executed a tactical withdrawal from the forum, maybe a wise decision. His presence here seemed to function as a lodestone for controversy. The Wargaming, or more precisely ,the Sim community is a tough audience to please; combative (duh), nitpicking and impatient. At least an important segment of it. Personally I miss his input. But in his absence other posters have taken up the slack as defenders of the CM approach.

But where's that patch? ;)

Been just about three months, how about some info? Where's the module stand? Where's the patch stand? How's CMSF Mac doing? Anything? Give us something besides cellphone apps and Ipad updates.

Mord.

Been just about three months, how about some info? Where's the module stand?

Mord.

They're no doubt busy building those massive bridges in Arnhem, Eindhoven and Nijmegen.

Steve tends to show up when Battlefront issues a patch or releases a module. He'll post for a day or two before disappearing back into the ether.

They're no doubt busy building those massive bridges in Arnhem, Eindhoven and Nijmegen.

Steve tends to show up when Battlefront issues a patch or releases a module. He'll post for a day or two before disappearing back into the ether.

It'll be a shame to blow them up!

Still, probably the biggest graphical challenge is Robert Redford's hair.

Well, they just release CM:Touch for the iPhone. Surely, that should count for something, shouldn't it?

LOL NO! I don't even own a cell phone let alone an Iphone...but apparently other people besides the usual BFC suspects are doing the Ipad and phone stuff.

Anyway? C'mon BFC...throw us SOMETHING CMBN computer related...

Mord.

I WONDER

How many lashings did Moon get for letting that comment slip out.

Because as always, BF sure was not ready to say anything or meet their own dead lines as to when they thought they would have something.

They are working fast enough for me, if they did get more out I would not be able to play it any faster anyway. SO they would get my money and I would get software that was outdated by the time I really was able to get to it.

At least the present method of pace, I get their latest work and I already have a computer way more ready for newer versions than the design they started years ago, So I know I am running the software as best as it can do.

:)

I don't mind the pace of release...I always figure the longer the better. I just want them to tell us a little about what's in the pipeline...give us something to day dream about.

Mord.

I don't mind the pace of release...I always figure the longer the better. I just want them to tell us a little about what's in the pipeline...give us something to day dream about.

Mord.

Well, whenever they do say something, you willl still have your wish there. Since there is always plenty of time from comment to product in General.

I WONDER

Because as always, BF sure was not ready to say anything or meet their own dead lines as to when they thought they would have something.

From Sextus Empericus via Longfellow:

'Though the mills of God grind slowly, yet they grind exceeding small; Though with patience he stands waiting, with exactness grinds he all.'