[PREVIEW] Juju's TweakedUI v1.1 interface enhancement mod

Juju

So '2' seems the favorite, so far.

2 or 4 for me.

But, personally, I'd prefer it to be more central vertically. At the moment it sort of sits on the border between the gunner and commander and - at a glance - could be either or neither.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Juju, what do you think about using this flag for the Heer HQ?

I considered it, but I find the current one less cluttered, it has more 'oomph' and it's just that bit more menacing.

I've edited many of those HQ icons, and because the US officer was all lonely by himself I made him an US Airborne icon buddy (preview on page 1). Should I put the airborne logo in there instead of the flag? Or over the flag?

I don't know Juju: I believe the flag proposed above would be good and not too cluttered since also all the other flags have lots of details.

A fighting US officer would look better than the two you've already made, and since you ask if I may I would also suggest to change the Heer Officer too. The others look perfect! ;) I mean, I like better the figures not so stiff...

BTW I still haven't noticed: will all these separate HQs show up in game using different nationalities, but for the Germans only one to choose from?

Votes so far:

1 - 3

2 - 7

3- 0

4 - 4

It occurs to me that since I already started including optional files in the mod (which initially I wasn't going to do) I may as well do '2' as the standard version and simply offer '1' and '4' as options. Everybody's happy! I like that. :)

@ Gen Von Television: The game only has two files, one for all Axis, one for all Allies. All the others are options and need to be swapped in/out by hand. I'm hoping BFC will put them in in a future patch.

Well, I was going to vote for 3, but peer pressure being what it is, I vote for 2.

Or 1.

Or 4.

I've been following this thread since it started, but I've only just got round to rechecking the updated preview pictures on the first page - wow! I can't wait to replace the default GUI that returned with the CW module with this - you deserve a medal! Thanks again for all your hard work on our behalf.

Juju,

Could you please include also this flag for the German HQ as an option:

attachment.php?attachmentid=1336&stc=1&d=1332283032

Pretty please? :)

Txema

Yes, yes. I caved, and it'll be in as an optional file. Those HQ silhouette thingies are kinda satisfying to make, so I may even add a few more.

Hey, that looks to be a flag from my 8 year old Flag Pack for CM:AK! :D

I've been following this thread since it started.... wow! I can't wait to replace the default GUI that returned with the CW module with this - you deserve a medal! Thanks again for all your hard work on our behalf.

Hear! Hear! I started one game with the CW forces and had to quit while waiting on this mod. Going back to the old, green weapon silhouettes just wasn't an option.

Now, PLEASE hurry, Juju... with Ari's vehicle mods rolling out, I'd like to see what the CW fuss is all about. :D

*ahem*

um ... anychance of, um.

*ahem*

Ah ... would you be able to do up an SS flag without the deathshead, and a LW flag on babyblue/skyblue instead of that odd green-black-green thing?

The deathshead looks odd to my eye, and light blue as a background for LW stuff is so ... traditional?

Yeah let's not rush him, not that Juju would ever consider sacrificing quality for a rush job. It's shaping up very nicely, as usual. I'd like to be the first to pre-order this mod. Oh wait, that's right...... it's free. (let us not forget that) :D

Ah ... would you be able to do up an SS flag without the deathshead, and a LW flag on babyblue/skyblue instead of that odd green-black-green thing?

The deathshead looks odd to my eye, and light blue as a background for LW stuff is so ... traditional?

I'll consider the death's head thingy. If you have a picture of an appropriate LW flag, please post it here and I'll have a look. Couldn't find anything better than this.

About the light blue being traditional (assuming you mean the uniforms); It's all about first glance recognition. In the case of LW, that's light blue. So that's exactly what I was aiming for. ;)

About the light blue being traditional (assuming you mean the uniforms)

Actually, I was thinking of chits and board wargames :D

Edit: something like this

luftwaffe_flag.jpg

but without that stupid border.

or this

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:%C3%9Cbrige_Angeh%C3%B6rige_der_Luftwaffe.svg

but presented as a rectangle (or, actually, maybe left as a triangle?)

Really good work, Juju.

I don't know if it's just me but I find the "lo-vis" defense panel icons to be easier to read at a glance than the so-called "hi-vis" version. Maybe it's easier to distinguish circular colored lights than the squares, which tend to bleed into each other a bit.

Anyway, I'm happy with the option.

PS: By all means take the SS deathshead off for JonS, but please leave a variant on for us. I like that flag. The only issue is that the rhs SS flag has the deathshead obscured by the guy's arm. Any way to fix?

Thanks for all your work!