[PREVIEW] Juju's TweakedUI v1.1 interface enhancement mod

Juju

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thing; xian suggested a change in the color palette for the various icons. The old scheme worked for me, and I'm not that good at judging this sort of thing. So I'll let you guys decide which one of the following color palettes actually makes the most sense.

The main difference to note here is the change in the green icons!

defense panel old color palette:

def color palette old.jpg

defense panel new color palette:

def color palette new.jpg

bonus icons old color palette:

color palette old.jpg

bonus icons new color palette:

color palette new.jpg

Oh, dear. After looking at them a bit I'm already tending to agree with Erwin. Most notably because the lighter green seems a bit too close to the yellow now. I know I didn't give it much chance, concerning the public opinion thing, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to stick to the old palette. Sorry xian.

I've toned down the blue and subdued the white a little in the US NCO ranks. And while it looks slightly better now, the in-game effect is practically negligible, due to the tiny size of the graphic (preview pics updated).

On a bright note; Marco just sent me the first batch of silhouette files to work on. On a dark note; I couldn't open them in Photoshop.

Another thing; xian suggested a change in the color palette for the various icons. The old scheme worked for me, and I'm not that good at judging this sort of thing. So I'll let you guys decide which one of the following color palettes actually makes the most sense.

The main difference to note here is the change in the green icons!

defense panel old color palette:

def color palette old.jpg

defense panel new color palette:

def color palette new.jpg

Looks nice, but no go if you are color blind, I think.

Oh well - looks like I am outvoted, and will defer to the majority opinion. Thanks for trying JuJu.

Although I must say that I think the new version is much more logical and much closer to the Cmx1 scheme.

Perhaps you could leave the new colours in a subfolder as an optional extra??

Juju,

Looking forward to your new Interface Mod. I am a newbee to CM2 sims.

Just download the CMBN and CW bungle. It is shows ver 1.1O My disk is down at PO will pick it up monday

I have quick Question? I installed your Interface mod v.1.01 is there any problem

using it on CMBN CW bungle ver 1.10 till you get your new mod ready?

Regards

Zane

Juju

Id just like to add my appreciation to for taking the time to make this Mod. There are some Mods I can do without and there are some Mods that just make things look a wee bit nicer.

In my opinion your Mod is an essential part of the game and looks the way I think BF should have made it. I would honestly pay for it if it was offered as DLC as I think it enhances the game immensely. So much so that I almost cant play the new Module simply because of the green weapon icons.

Thanks again for all of your hard work.

Juju

Id just like to add my appreciation to for taking the time to make this Mod. There are some Mods I can do without and there are some Mods that just make things look a wee bit nicer.

In my opinion your Mod is an essential part of the game and looks the way I think BF should have made it. I would honestly pay for it if it was offered as DLC as I think it enhances the game immensely. So much so that I almost cant play the new Module simply because of the green weapon icons.

Thanks again for all of your hard work.

+1! I suggest we give Juju a medal for special achievements.

Thanks guys. If y'all were girls, I'd blush. ;)

Things are going well. Everything's basically in place, but I'm going to reserve some time for tweaking, testing and any possible minor addition I come up with. I'd rather be thorough than having to patch my own mod. I'd really hate that. Patience is a virtue and all that.

That said, I came up with a cute alternative for the HQ icons. Sadly there's no dedicated file for the British, but maybe if I complain loud enough they'll put one into a future patch.

HQ.jpg

Preview pics on page one have been updated once again. More examples of the included silhouettes and the Vickers is now the sleeved version (in preparation of Rambler's upcoming small arms update for CW!).

Yes, they are in, in the same style as all the other planes. They're just not in the preview. There are 210 silhouettes in the game and I simply cannot show 'em all. Rest assured that all 210 will be present in the mod.

Ok, I am throwing myself into the fray:

Juju, now that you are at it; could you possibly (please please!) alter the ' within hearing distance icon in the command radius row?! I so hate that shouting mouth I constantly find myself shouting back at it. Something like an ear perhaps? Or stylized sound waves? Or just anything other than that agressive sarge´s frothing mad man's mouth.