Aris CW Vehicles Mods Thread

Fuser

Erwin, they should still show up...I have in the past misnumbered my uniform mods on occasion, and they still seemed to show up. But I never tested that. I always figured that numbering out of sequence would merely mess up the way they are randomly chosen. Not that that should make a lot of difference; random is random!

I just made a quick test. It seems to indicate that I am right:

In my "z" folder I have 29 "us-soldier-skin" files.

I then painted numbers 16 through 29 (roughly half of the files) blue - and loaded a test scenario in the editor. The result was this:

eu8z.jpg

I then deleted number 15 from the folder (IE: broke the "chain")- and reloaded the same scenario. This result was this:

d8rt.jpg

Conclusion: Every file above number 15 disappears when number 15 is removed. The numbers have to be sequential.

Even if naming changed in CW, I have used the old BN naming convention and after checking them ingame I haven't seen any distortions due to normal maps, but you see, I am only one guy to test and I might be wrong,...If you see anything wrong just let me know and I' ll fix ASAP.

Well, sometimes it's hard to figure out what BFC does behind the scenes, but your mod shows up in MG, so who cares?:) I'm liking it greatly, Fuser.

Nice one, umlaut!

Actually I have a question. The proper naming for normal maps for the us faces is: us-soldier-skin XX_normal map.bmp correct?

I ask because the original files only have the older american_skin XX_normal map.bmp format. Also same kind of deal for the German skins/normal maps.

Actually I have a question. The proper naming for normal maps for the us faces is: us-soldier-skin XX_normal map.bmp correct?

I ask because the original files only have the older american_skin XX_normal map.bmp format. Also same kind of deal for the German skins/normal maps.

It must be, Astrocat. The thing is, though, I couldn't find either the maps or the uniforms with "us-soldier-skin names in any of the bra files from Normandy 100 to the three MG ones.

They are in there for the Germans and US but they are named:

american_skin 1_normal map.bmp

german_skin 1_normal map

...in the old skins folder.

I renamed the files to match the updated skins like this:

us-soldier-skin 1_normal map.bmp

german-soldier-skin 1_normal map.bmp

I now have 60 US and 53 German skins with normal maps, I matched the normal maps the best I could to the faces, it's close enough.