Greetings to all

Bullgod

Hi,

I'm posting for the first time today, but I was lurking around since first CM surfaced and I was enchanted by it. From this moment mods became very important addition to the game experience (I'm quite sure that my copy of CMBB was modded in about 99%), and it was then when I first tried to mod by myself (it was really easy with CMx1 engine). Now I' modding in this or the other way almost every game I'm playing, as it's huge part of fun with it for me.

Because I was enjoying work of others for a long time and with great pleasure too, I've decided to share some of my work with everybody else -because for the first time I think it's worth it, and to say thanks to all those who work to improve games I'm playing by adding my brick to the pile.

As for now I've done retexture of PSW 234/1 (it can be downloaded from the repository), and I'm finishig texturing SdKfz 250/10-only gun textures are left for me to make.

Here's a screenshot of them:

prevy.jpg

I felt that orginal textures were too clean, and lacked contrast so I've made mine almost from scratch in more weathered and dirty way. In fact they are weathered to the point when vehicle looks almost like a wreck :P but i like them that way.

I would be grateful for any comment on those textures from you guys.

(Forgive me if i make grammatical errors- english is not my first language)

Regards,

BullGod.

Nice job, man...we need more modders.

Your English is fine, btw.

I don't know if I can give you any tips on what to improve but my personal taste in mods is I like subdued colors and lean towards photo realistic looking textures. And lots of weathering.

I guess the thing you'd want to keep in mind when modding the game would be to try and keep everything so it blends well overall.

Your stuff looks good for your first efforts. There's one area that hasn't been tackled when it comes to vehicles and that would be camoing...we haven't had a lot of mods with many new camo schemes so that could be an area you could concentrate on that would really make your work stand out.

Welcome aboard, look forward to seeing more of your work.

Mord.

Nice, I like the scraping of paint along the edges. It serves the double purpose of weathering and accentuating the lines. Did you do the front wheels on the 250 as well? Looks really good. On another thought: Bullfrog, since you like the vehicles heavily weathered, would you consider doing some of them with a lot of dunkelgelb paint scraped off, so that the dunkelgrau or the primer shows in larger areas?

Thanks for sharing your work, it looks really good!

It's a really great effect, but as you can see the colors stand out from the terrain, so am wondering if these are more appropriate to a dry dusty location, North Africa, Italy?

I especially like the dark outlines around the panels etc. It makes the models' features "pop".

Fuser: That what was what I was trying to say in my post to you.

Many thanks for your comments, gentelmen :)

As for the base colour (I'm talking about the previous pictures and colours being more appropriate to a dusty location) I was aiming at dunkelgelb, that is the base colour applied at factory, before being painted with two additional camo colours by the crew. I think it was more or less accurate, although I'm not 100% sure, to be frank.

I've finished SdKfz 250/10 with three colour camo, and uploaded it to the repository (should be available soon).

This is how it looks like:

sdkfz25010tfpre.jpg

and from the rear...

sdkfz25010rearpre.jpg

I hope you'll try it in your battles and maybe you'll like it.

Marry Christmas by the way :D

edit:

@Gurra

I love how you called me Bullfrog. It reminded me of old times with Powermonger on Amiga ;)

Thank you, I'm glad you like them. Knowing that someone enjoys my work surely adds enthusiasm.

I'm working on PzKpfw IV ausf H right now and it should be ready soon (I'll try to add Panzer Lehr decals on this one). I don't know how many of those vehicles I'll manage to make, because it takes me quite a while to produce one (I make most of the texture from scratch, trying to find the best way to simulate various surfaces and effects in Photoshop - I'm still learning how to do that and that process is fun on its own - and I need to be very precise if I want to emphasize the curvature of the model and not make it worse) and I try to have fun with it by modding those vehicles I'm currently using in a scenario, so I had the idea recently, to add some of the weathering effects on those Panzers IV as I play, so some scratches and dents might be effects of my poor driving and/or tactical skills.

In any case, I'll certainly make sure to share effects of my work with you.

Thanks again.

Nice work mate. Just curious (although I know it has nothing to do with your mod) that is a historically inaccurate position for the gunlayer, right? It looks more like he's manning a MG than an ordnance weapon.

As far as I can tell, this weapon was operated like any other AT gun, the only difference being that it was mounted on top of an halftrack (and that is relatively high, so the crew didn't have to crouch behind it)

vehicle_sdkfz250_5.jpg

pak%2035-36.jpg

So it might not be perfectly represented in-game, but as long as he's standing behind the barrel, and not in front of it, I'm ok with that ;)

Here is three colour camo version of Panzer IV ausf.H (late) i'm working on. Not much left to do, just finishing touches here and there, so it should be ready soon.

pz4ha.jpg

pz4hb.jpg

Colours are historically acurate as far as I can tell, and it blends in nicely with game environment, i think. Orginals are little too bright for my taste.