CM:BN Screenshot Thread #2

now... lets see if this works

Mortar Team - and i must say... this pic contains something which triggers deep feelings.

i never thought or knew that Combat Mission contains so detail/realistic objects. my second pic... will speak for itself. i was speechless with what i saw. the inscription on the shell. bloody hell, this game is for real !

gwnZf4.png

gf6FnZ.png

I've seen spent cartridges being ejected from MGs and rifles quite often. And I do like to capture vehicle crews in mid-air when they are bailing out. But seeing printing on mortar rounds and smoke grenades is something totally new to me. I will certainly be looking harder in the future, providing I'm not spending the "Replay Phase" watching my men getting killed. Haha.

Agreed. Sure there's a battle raging all around us on the screen. But one should "stop and see the roses". 

Am I the only one who spends half his time looking at the "game within the game"?

From the finer detail of the killing machines right down to the signs on the shops. Check out the inscriptions on headstones and don't forget to look inside the buildings. The choice of wallpaper in some would stir even Oscar Wilde from his eternal slumber.

Edited by BLSTK

The signs on the shops i agree !  :D

but the interior of the houses  :huh: - in fact i find it so conflicting why so much beautiful detail on the outside, and weapons, and vehicles and more. But the interiors... could do with MUCH more. why are there no tables, baths, desks etc... war was so disruptive that many interior and house contents used to be splattered around. Hell.. some of it, could act as cover. 

Will CM address this in future builds ?

impressive ! so... every 'object' is painstakingly replicated... 

Combat Mission certainly need to blow more trumpets out there. How many games do this ?

Not quite every object... bullets and high velocity shells, and offboard arty rounds are just "streaks of light" however close you zoom in. Wouldn't it be sweet though to be able to zoom into the modern titles and see the sabot breaking away from the penetrator? Assuming you can catch such a fleeting moment!

So I did a 30 minute battle, American assault on a tiny map. The single US vehicle was an M10 TD that came charging out the gate shoring up everything in sight. I had a PAK completely across the map and was a bit worried this might go badly, Then the schrek team you see im the foreground, the one I expected to get chewed up by the infantry accompanying the M10, popped up, and took two shots. The second one killed the M10. I liked the perspective shot here, shooter close to the "camera" and the target in view in the distance.

IMG_0392.jpg

Edited by Bud_B

I have to admit that despite having this game for about 8 months, I didn't know until yesterday that Panzerfaust had instruction labels on them, let alone that the labels come in different colours.

I'm a novice when it comes to posting screenshots. So I hope it works.

LOL ! I saw it i saw it ! It reads 'Aim at the Enemy' :) well.. something like that. But the panzerfaust clearly shows an instruction picture label of how to hold and aim. Impressive. Do these type of details generally make it (or made it) out at launch ? Or do CM developers simply leave it to us to discover. I wish i see a comment from some big chief dev at BFC.