Graphical Oddities

Despite playing with the latest Mac version of CMBN I am still getting some graphical weirdness.

I've had a tank commander sit on the barrel of his tank's gun, I've also experienced an AT gun crew set up in front of their gun! And here I include an HMG team firing from an odd angle (see image).

Are PC users also experiencing these glitches?

post-17307-141867623307_thumb.jpg

Yeah, it's not a Mac thing. Don't worry, your reports from July are stuck firmly in my to-do list. :) There have been bigger fish to fry post-1.01. Hopefully we'll be able to fix some of these for the next patch.

Wow - good memory Phil!

Great Work so far - by far the best game for many years. Actually when I think about it, best game since CMAK.

FYI my top three game elements that I really miss (not mentioning armour arc):

1. Flammable terrain and buildings.

2. Anti-Aircraft Capability

3. Troops on Tanks

Is there a chance that any of these will make it into CMBN?

• 2 months later...
Wow - good memory Phil!

Great Work so far - by far the best game for many years. Actually when I think about it, best game since CMAK.

FYI my top three game elements that I really miss (not mentioning armour arc):

1. Flammable terrain and buildings.

2. Anti-Aircraft Capability

3. Troops on Tanks

Is there a chance that any of these will make it into CMBN?

No to all of those...

No 1 and No 3 I think are going to be in the East front titles..though fire might make the Bulge game..hopefully.

We wont get any major new features in CMBN.

What about fixing the shadows? Its really frustrating that at certain angles they are wonderful and add so much depth to the models, but then you move the camera and it turns into a total mess. Not to mention shadows showing up on both sides of solid metal plates. If the vehicle self-shadows can't be fixed, I would love to see an option to only have shadows cast on the ground and not on the vehicle itself.

I've started getting this very odd 'flaps of skin' effect with my troops. Does anyone know which options setting might be responsible for this?

Screen%20shot%202012-02-11%20at%2019.52.51.png

It's odd, because I have been playing the game since it was released and this has only just started happening.

The only new mods I've included are 'terrain' mods.

Mac Os 10.6.8

Intel Core Duo 2.8Ghz

4GB RAM

256MB Graphics ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro

Here´s another one. From "Le Hamelet" the 4th battle of "The Road to Montebourg Campaign".

There is NO gap in the bocage here - only some sort of graphical glitch that makes it look that way. I fould out when I tried to send troops a few metres onto the other side of the bocage - and they instead embarked on the grand detour around the map. And got themselves killed. Very annoying.

nulhuller.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Yes, I am using Aris´terrain mod. Though I must admit, I´m not sure about the effect of it. It seemed hard to spot any significant difference, when I installed it at first (but maybe that was due to my GPU settings).

Could the mod be the problem?

Edit:

Just tried to remove Aris Terrain from my "z" folder. This had no effect: The gap is still there.

Yes, I am using Aris´terrain mod. Though I must admit, I´m not sure about the effect of it. It seemed hard to spot any significant difference, when I installed it at first (but maybe that was due to my GPU settings).

Could the mod be the problem?

Edit:

Just tried to remove Aris Terrain from my "z" folder. This had no effect: The gap is still there.

It might be interesting to open the map in the editor and check to see if it is a legitimate gap in the boccage or merely a graphical aberration.

(Need Campaign Organiser Mod to access the sub missions)

I've started getting this very odd 'flaps of skin' effect with my troops. Does anyone know which options setting might be responsible for this?

It's odd, because I have been playing the game since it was released and this has only just started happening.

Mac Os 10.6.8

Intel Core Duo 2.8Ghz

4GB RAM

With 10.6.8's drivers being pretty stable, I'd lean more toward something happening with your card. Your hardware may be failing.

The terrain mods could also be straining your drivers, though. Which would of course be the preferable thing. Try removing the terrain mods and see if you can reproduce the problem, then give me a shout or update here.

Phil,

It does indeed occur without any mods but only seems to happen with some maps and not others. It is more likely when zoomed out and if the model detail is set to low.

I agree, though, that my graphics card isn't really up to the job. From many of the screenshots posted here by members I can see that my card is somewhat below par.

Other than that I think that my iMac is fine and is not the issue.

From 'Silence the Guns' no Mods:

Screen%20shot%202012-02-14%20at%2000.02.18.png

P.S. Good to hear about rez tools for the Mac at some future date.

Mac Os 10.6.8

Intel Core Duo 2.8Ghz

4GB RAM

Yes! The Lurching Bat Soldiers! I get those, but only when I'm zoomed out a certain bit. I'm sure it's my graphics card. It's an old, old, old RADEON 9500 PRO / 9700. Shoot, my rig's almost 10 years old. It doesn't bother me that much. I just try to stay zoomed in a bit more.

Yes! The Lurching Bat Soldiers!

Very well expressed. That's exactly what they look like - or maybe even a cross between Quasimodo ("The Bells!, The Bells!") and a weird 'Hammer Horror' Homunculus.

Nice to know I'm not alone with the bat boys and their bat flaps.

i just upgraded to an Nvidea GT430 sys is 6 years of age. i was getting these bat-wingers, at certain distances, AFTER i had modified some of my display settings. just mess about with those 'fast-faster' settings, they did help and i've not seen them since i tweaked the options!