Graphical Oddities

I used to see that every now and then on my old computer which I upgraded from just last week: 2007 iMac, 2.4GHz C2Duo, 256MB Raedon 2600 PRO. It definitely only happened at more distant views when there was a lot of stuff in the frame, so I wrote it off as a LOD thing and/or that the relatively weak graphics card having trouble pushing all those polygons.

However, best I can recall, I stopped seeing this issue after I installed patch 1.01B, and I certainly haven't seen it in the past week since I've moved on to the fancy new machine (2011 iMac).

HereĀ“s another one. From "Le Hamelet" the 4th battle of "The Road to Montebourg Campaign".

There is NO gap in the bocage here - only some sort of graphical glitch that makes it look that way. I fould out when I tried to send troops a few metres onto the other side of the bocage - and they instead embarked on the grand detour around the map. And got themselves killed. Very annoying.

nulhuller.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Yes, I know exactly which spot you are talking about!! I thought that was a gap too and tried to send my guys through it only for them to go around on the left side and get shot up. pretty damn annoying but thankfully I had an earlier save file from that mission to go back to, to avoid doing that again. Just stupid

Yes! The Lurching Bat Soldiers! I get those, but only when I'm zoomed out a certain bit. I'm sure it's my graphics card. It's an old, old, old RADEON 9500 PRO / 9700. Shoot, my rig's almost 10 years old. It doesn't bother me that much. I just try to stay zoomed in a bit more.
I also get this graphical glitch but only with airborne units (when zoomed out to a certain degree). All other units are okay in this regard. I thought that one of the uniform mods screw something up but after the removal of all the mods (only terrain mods were left put) I still had that glitch. Terrain mods might have something to do with it but I can not say for sure. Currently no time to playtest any level with airborne units in vanilla game to see if this occurs or not.

My GC is a rather new 550Ti, rest of the PC hardware is 5 years old (2 gigs of RAM, Asus motherboard). Running the game on Windows 7 (64 bit). So we can also exclude old graphical cards.

I don't experience any abnormal graphical glitches in other games I own.

I also get this graphical glitch but only with airborne units (when zoomed out to a certain degree).

Ah; this is an interesting tidbit. I don't think I have played a scenario involving Airborne units on my new rig yet, which might explain why I haven't seen this at all since I upgraded. I'll fire up a scenario with Airborne units when I get home tonight and see if I can reproduce.