YES!! More of this please.

Squishalll has a valid point.

CMA examines a conflict which is little known in the west and a nice break from the WW2/modern dichotomy.

There are many players that would like to see other conflicts being modeled, such as Korea, Vietnam, 67 six day war, 73 Ramadan war, etc. or even other WW2 theaters being covered like North Africa 40-43 or the Pacific.

If CMA is mildly successful outside of Russia, it may encourage other such joint ventures.

Oh yeah. cannot wait to go through all the threads from you self proclaimed experts with comments like: "There is no way the Silver lined, tungsten, copper framed, wilkinson sword metal Mk. 23/2/adc tank round could ever penetrate the depleted aluminum, 20 degree sloped armour of the calcutta variant of the Mk. 14 panzer. I know because I read the 1942 reports from Dr. Doinker and his testing of said components."

Or the "Gosh, why don't they include the Mk. 23-A2 variant. It would be so cool if they did." Only to find out that the difference between that one and the one they did include was a engine screen with rectangular holes instead or diamond shaped ones.

Yes, bring on more WW2 titles please. I beg you.

Seriously, I appreciate your dedication to the era. I myself have just about every WW2 title produced. I think at last count they added up to around 67 games. But there are far more intriguing times in history to represent. All I am saying is lets expand our minds a little.

Oh yeah. cannot wait to go through all the threads from you self proclaimed experts with comments like: "There is no way the Silver lined, tungsten, copper framed, wilkinson sword metal Mk. 23/2/adc tank round could ever penetrate the depleted aluminum, 20 degree sloped armour of the calcutta variant of the Mk. 14 panzer. I know because I read the 1942 reports from Dr. Doinker and his testing of said components."

Or the "Gosh, why don't they include the Mk. 23-A2 variant. It would be so cool if they did." Only to find out that the difference between that one and the one they did include was a engine screen with rectangular holes instead or diamond shaped ones.

Yes, bring on more WW2 titles please. I beg you.

Seriously, I appreciate your dedication to the era. I myself have just about every WW2 title produced. I think at last count they added up to around 67 games. But there are far more intriguing times in history to represent. All I am saying is lets expand our minds a little.

I'm cool so long as there are Bren tripods. No tripods, though, and the game is fundamentally flawed.

You have my support squishall. I remember playing the first Combat Mission game thinking how this could potentially represent modern warfare ala insurgents vs modern armies.

Finally we get CMSF which was a fresh attempt at something NEW, contemporary and original.

But noooo, people still want their quick battles, cherry picked units and perfectly balanced forces. "WW2 is so cozy ya'll, I just dont get this modern stuff" :)

Im not russian, but the Chechnya war was at the top of my list. A classic David vs Goliath setting. Glad we finally get Afghanistan.

WAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHHAAAAAAAAAA! Yeah, amen...

However, you punk, I still wanna to see more WWII!

But yes, I am also poppin' wood over Afghanistan, and wish...NAY LOOOOOOONG, for someone to do Nam. Man, that would rock. Oh...and Korea.

Mord.

P.S.

I'm cool so long as there are Bren tripods.

Whenever I am constipated I crack open one of those threads and the mind numbing boredom that literally oozes from the OP's keyboard, seems to loosen me right up.

I would like a Nam game.

Or any with Soviet forces. Gotta love commies killing random people!

I do not see the appeal when it comes to the IDF. A lot of people love the IDF, but alot of people wipe their rumps with their right hand aswell.

But I'd rather have a Talvisota game. Not many "Winter war" games have been made, so it's long overdue.

Or a 1939-ish game with Panzer Is racing through Poland. :)

... it's all good.

I do not see the appeal when it comes to the IDF. A lot of people love the IDF.

Ironically, for the same reasons people like playing as the Germans in CMBB, a superbly trained army triumphing over a numerically superior enemy with better equipment. And as a bonus, more interesting tank v tank matchups in the 67 and 73 wars.

But my dream game is still CM:VIETNAM!

I don't understand, why BFC did't give it (SDK) until now.

Start making games for your living, maybe one day you will understand. ;)

Basically it would involve an enormous amount of work for very little gain. Very few people buy games like Arma for mods sake, in fact there aren't even many good mods for Arma because the tools took so long to develop that Arma 2 was there before the mod scene had gotten the hang of it.

I would like a Nam game.

What CM:Afghanistan needs to do is sell like hotcakes. If the 3rd party development thing turns out to be a whopping success I could imagine small 'boutique' game houses from Korea to Brazil wanting in on the action. The more titles there are out there the less one title has to strive be 'all things to all people'. Imagine "CM:The Chaco War" Bolivia vs Paraguay (1932–1935). :D

Between all the wars that break out on our little planet, I don't think BFC will ever be able to create them all.For every war they wrap up on a video game, about 10 other wars emerge as potential games themselves.

I heard of people profiting over war, but these video games take that saying to another level.

I also hope that this game engine can expand on other theaters.

I feel stupid and silly for saying it sometimes due to the realities of war, but I to would like to see a Vietnam game with this kind of game engine as well as a Korea and I'm still hoping for a good WW1 version as well.

So many wars, so little time....