will ukraine have a t72

emccabe

Bringing T-72s out of storage to replace losses. The same might be done with the T-80 so including these as an option for both Ukraine and Russia might be an option to consider. Ukraine also has a few T-84s (modernised T80UD)which have seen action. However there only seem to be 10 of the T-84s and 167 T80s.1302 T72s but up to 800 may have been sold leaving perhaps 500 Uraine could use.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukrainian_Ground_Forces

You know what I meant fellas.

Of course it is civil war, 90% of militamen are locals, 8% are various volunteers from Russia, patriots, neosoviets, (as Steve says :D) nationalists. 2% are veterans of various wars. May be there are some special forces, like NATO's in Lybia and Syria, who knows. If you want to know.

Of course it is civil war, 90% of militamen are locals, 8% are various volunteers from Russia, patriots, neosoviets, (as Steve says :D) nationalists. 2% are veterans of various wars. May be there are some special forces, like NATO's in Lybia and Syria, who knows. If you want to know.

won't let it go will you, no most of the world does not agree with the Russian propaganda line. Most of the world knows exactly what is going on and it isn't "humanitarian aid" that is coming in those convoys. Didn't help that one overturned and it seems it was filled with weapons. Yeah you keep believing it is a civil war and I'll keep believing it is Santa that puts the CM Discs under my Christmas tree. 90% of Donetsk locals come from Chechnya, Serbia, Russia proper etc yeah uh huh.

Sgt Joch,

"Spectacular" is an overused term, but those pics fully justify the use. Back in my military aerospace days, I used to look at (degraded quality--protect true capabilities) small format overhead imagery of such places and shudder, for they weren't tank graveyards then, but vast complexes turning out tanks like hotcakes. Instead, such an area would be where finished tanks were parked prior to pickup by the Red Army. Many interesting things on display in those pics you provided!

Regards,

John Kettler

won't let it go will you, no most of the world does not agree with the Russian propaganda line. Most of the world knows exactly what is going on and it isn't "humanitarian aid" that is coming in those convoys. Didn't help that one overturned and it seems it was filled with weapons. Yeah you keep believing it is a civil war and I'll keep believing it is Santa that puts the CM Discs under my Christmas tree.

I don't know what is "most of the world". (Asia is included or not?:confused:) Who cares what media and politicians say. Important what is true, isn't it.

Come on, do you believe that weapons are in that white tracks? For what? Border is long, posts were only at roads even in peace time. Ukraine can't block border, Russia doesn't want. Do U.S. control Mexican border?

90% of Donetsk locals come from Chechnya, Serbia, Russia proper etc yeah uh huh.

Well, you probably better know, I don't watch BBC... Thank you for information.

Well, you probably better know, I don't watch BBC... Thank you for information.

I'm sure they don't broadcast BBC in Soviet Union, where ever that is nowadays...

Given that the conflict depicted in Black Sea takes place in 2017, without current events ever taking place, i'm sure they would have sold their stocks of servicable T-72 by then (as i understand they were actively selling them before the conflict) and scrapped the rest/or left to rot. So i won't cry if they don't have any.

Refurbished T-72s (and other refurbished systems for that matter) are a definite possibility for a future expansion. As it was, we couldn't possibly try to include every vehicle that could potentially be used by all participants in the base game release. If we tried to do that we'd have kept our artists occupied until sometime in the middle of next year. :eek:

Ukraine is bringing some T-72Bs back into service to equip national guard units. These tanks are probably being drawn from those allotted to a 200-unit contract with Ethiopia for upgraded T-72s, so they have definitely maintained an ability to service and refurbish T-72.

two_column_x1G2WcQk.jpg

http://defense-update.com/20110610_ethiopia_t72.html#.VGO0p8nHuO0

No, these tanks not in service. This photo took from President's visit on exhibition of new equipment for National Guard several months ago. Among all stuff also was Ethiopian contract T-72s AS VARIANT for NG tank units equipping. But finally was assumed decision to put in NG service upgraded T-64B1М from Congo's contract. 10 tanks from these contract were directed to 1st NG tank company.

In Ukrainain army several T-72's uses in training centers for training crews of special tracked vehicles, designed on the base of T-72. But no these tanks in regular combat units. Two T-72 with white stripes, which you can see in August are captured Russain T-72B3 - both were abandoned during Ilovaysk break through and returned to separatists (or Ruissians). Also one or two separatists T-72B were captured near Donetsk airport and near Luhansk and some time used by 95th airmobile brigade and possibly "Aydar" volunteer territorial defense battalion. For some people photos of these T-72's became "evidences" of stored T-72 usage by Ukraine, but its not true. Most stored T-72 for 23 yeras already repaired and sold to Africa and Asia.

• 2 weeks later...

Who want to see T-72 in Ukraine service ?! Here it (row of tanks at right). Today these vehicles, which expected on own Africa customers were sent to National Guard tank unit. Not for Army, as in the base game. This is probably T-72UA (UKR upgrade for foreign customers). Also by rumors in National guard will be sent soon T-80, which remain in few quantity on storage bases. Hard to say, what quantity of tanks National Guard need, now only one tank company on T-64BV1 exists. Also hard to say whether these tanks stay in service after the war or will be sold. But mothballed T-64B/BV repair too slow and tanks need NOW. So welcome, logistic nightmare...

p5321b8YriM.jpg

Who want to see T-72 in Ukraine service ?! Here it (row of tanks at right). Today these vehicles, which expected on own Africa customers were sent to National Guard tank unit. Not for Army, as in the base game. This is probably T-72UA (UKR upgrade for foreign customers). Also by rumors in National guard will be sent soon T-80, which remain in few quantity on storage bases. Hard to say, what quantity of tanks National Guard need, now only one tank company on T-64BV1 exists. Also hard to say whether these tanks stay in service after the war or will be sold. But mothballed T-64B/BV repair too slow and tanks need NOW. So welcome, logistic nightmare...

You are absolutely correct. Ukranian authorities had anounced that their stockpile of T-72s (both un-conserved and upgraded for sale to other states) will be used to equip the National Guard (what used to be called Interior Troops) units; although I don't believe that we have seen any Ukranian T-72s deployed to the combat zone so far...

• 2 weeks later...

Ukrainian T-72's with mix of ERA?

Interesting mix of ERA setups on those T-72s. Ukranians had equiped their older T-72As and T-72Bs with a same "angular" turrent pattern that was used on T-64BV and T-80BV. We saw those pieces in Georgia during the war of 8.8.2008. However there are some pieces here with more advanced turrent pattern as well. Are those Kontact-5 or Nozsh plates on the newer vehicles? Does anyone happen to know the answer or have a reference source about them?

Interesting mix of ERA setups on those T-72s. Ukranians had equiped their older T-72As and T-72Bs with a same "angular" turrent pattern that was used on T-64BV and T-80BV. We saw those pieces in Georgia during the war of 8.8.2008. However there are some pieces here with more advanced turrent pattern as well. Are those Kontact-5 or Nozsh plates on the newer vehicles? Does anyone happen to know the answer or have a reference source about them?

A good mix of propaganda but still a decent breakdown of UA tanks being sent to ATO

http://youtu.be/w7pTJL6bISo?t=1m38s