Wow

rocketman

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the maps get pretty darn big though, enough so that modern ATGMs can be out of range. And of course there's a selection of fun smaller and faster scenarios. There's actually a quite nice mix of the two.

This is the answer I was looking for. I assume it will require roughly the processing/graphic power of CMRT?

Nice job...happy to hear its coming soon, best RTS developer IMOP..will be a first day pick up for me. since ill be getting the downloadable version..and looking forward to what you guy have in store for us in the future. And were getting some on map artillery wow you guys are really starting to give us all the things needed for a true war simulator.

There's only one master map that I can think of, off the top of my head. It's for two of the Russian campaign missions where there is a shore reconnaissance followed by a river crossing operation. Master maps don't really lend themselves to this setting, since the battles tend to take place in different locations. Some of the maps get pretty darn big though, enough so that modern ATGMs can be out of range. And of course there's a selection of fun smaller and faster scenarios. There's actually a quite nice mix of the two.

Thanks for the response. Looking forward to adding this to my CM collection.

Great!

What's about Eastern Ukraine rebels? )

I suspect that BTS is crafting a backstory that isn't directly based on the present crisis. They've hinted all along that they're not interested in exploiting current headlines. (The game has been in development since long before Kiev split with Moscow.)

All the same, we might see irregular forces in a module later.

I assume ECM could screw up Javelin targeting too?

Not for the most part; the Javelin uses passive optical wavelength and IR wavelength sensors for its targeting system, and requires no communication with the launch unit once fired, so there is no EM signal to jam or confuse.

It would be possible to interfere with the Javelin's targeting system by somehow blocking the missile's ability to "see" the target -- say, very quickly deployed IR-blocking smoke.

PKM should have been on list, I asked Martin to add it in. Just a typo. Other than some machine guns that are only found on vehicles that were left off of the list, it should be a complete list for base game release.

I am just wondering the reasoning behind the lack of RPG-29, as it is one of Russia premier anti-armor solutions. Is this weapon not used to equip motor rifle units?

I am just wondering the reasoning behind the lack of RPG-29, as it is one of Russia premier anti-armor solutions. Is this weapon not used to equip motor rifle units?

No, RPG-7 is still the primary platoon-level AT weapon. PG-7VR round for RPG-7, however, has the same capabilities as the PG-29V round. Given that, the RPG-7 can kill the same things, but has the advantage of lighter weight and greater flexibility.

In fact, I'm not sure RPG-29 is in service with Russian Ground Forces at all.

I thought the same of the nsv and kord hmg.

They are not in Motor Rifle or Tank Brigade TO&E. They will probable be added along with Russian airborne (VDV).

No, RPG-7 is still the primary platoon-level AT weapon. PG-7VR round for RPG-7, however, has the same capabilities as the PG-29V round. Given that, the RPG-7 can kill the same things, but has the advantage of lighter weight and greater flexibility.

In fact, I'm not sure RPG-29 is in service with Russian Ground Forces at all.

This. Lists that you will find on the internet of the equipment that a nation's military are using will often mislead you, especially for a big military hardware exporter like Russia. They often include equipment that is only sold to foreign customers and not used domestically, or include equipment that was issued in very small numbers to specific units or was accepted into service and then never fielded.

Great!

What's about Eastern Ukraine rebels? )

Nope, not for base game. :) The game was originally conceived and development started before this whole Ukraine crisis developed. By the time the conflict in Ukraine had started, we were already too far in development to change course, even if we had wanted to do so. The scope of Black Sea, at least for the initial release, remains strictly about fictional big conventional military battles in 2017, not coverage of the real 2014 conflict.

RPG-29 is in use with special purpose troops on limited requisition from unit armouries. Pyskov unit has some in its armouries still I believe.

Rpg-27 is basically an RPG-29 round in a disposable tube, and the RPG-30 is the same with a precursor rocket.

The RPG-32 is a joint venture, and is not yet in service.

• 4 weeks later...