We're not so old after all

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"50 is the beginning of the end and you have to pass those prostate exams."

so where does 61 fall??????????? (don't forget the colon thingy)......

Gawd I wish they'd hurry up and develop those star trek medical scanner thingies.Ah well there's always a glorious end leading my pixeltruppen to their deaths...CHARGE!

I wish more older blokes played more online FPS games. Pointless arguments would be rendered useless with a higher presence of older players. I mean I don't play stuff like COD or CS (played lots of L4D2) with its millions of fanatic teenage fan boy fags who don't know anything about the world past kill streaks and masturbation. I'm more into the simulators and such eg red orchestra, op flashpoint etc..

Regardless however, arguing with a teenager about about why I'm camping with a machine-gun cutting down waves of infantry and defending Myself with saying " It's WW2 simulator fool " gets a bit tedious ^_^

conclusion - You older dudes need more FPS GAMES !

Us "older" guys are the reason FPS exists. :) Rainbow Six baby. Wish they would update that game.

I second that, loved RB6 Raven Shield but never understood why all the spec forces operatives could only climb ladders!

Talking of FPS, on the TMP modern forum, this from Combat Wombat

"My entire Battlefront bad company 2 fire team is made up of all army combat vets with at least two tours in the box and we get our butts kicked in these games by some pimple faced teen living in his mom's basement."

Some time back there was a thread about our age, and I was surprised to find than the average was around forty. I assumed this was an aberration, WW2 attracting older players, but it seems we are mainstream

The average gamer is 37, according to the Entertainment Software Association, and for the most frequent buyers, the average age is 41. Totally blows my image of pimply teens in their parents' basement.

Can you be more specific than "gamer"? I am guessing the average PC gamer is at least ten years older than the average console gamer.