We're not so old after all

Some time back there was a thread about our age, and I was surprised to find than the average was around forty. I assumed this was an aberration, WW2 attracting older players, but it seems we are mainstream

The average gamer is 37, according to the Entertainment Software Association, and for the most frequent buyers, the average age is 41. Totally blows my image of pimply teens in their parents' basement.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is worse than that, on this forum the average age is much older than those stats, so does that mean we have old men living in their dead parent's basements?

No, parents are in the basement being kept alive so we can live off their pension.

Reverse Austrian joke, or some such.

Still acting like a teenager, but who cares.

Your parents.

Who are very disappointed in how you turned out and really question the wisdom of having you in the first place. "But he was so cute as a baby!"

Kind of reminds me of a quote I came across in a novel recently: "Little girls grow up to be women. Little boys grow up to be little boys."

Michael

Figure I will retire at 62. That should be just about when the CM2+ Russian Front Consolidated 41-45 Massive Multiplayer edition will be able to be downloaded to my goggle-enhanced-to-give-a-360-degree-view-of-the-steppes rig, which will be 2000 faster than the one I have now.

The Brain-wave control activated version will not quite be ready...though it will have been promised by BFC years earlier....when people using the motion activated controls started accidently hurting themselves when then hit walls while directing artillery strikes.

And....certain...forum members (our sigs will all be 3D representations as us in a historic general's uniforms) will be arguing about the Russian soldier's shaving habits, and how battles in the afternoon inaccurately simulate the stubble of the combatants.

[ok, it is true, BFC let me peak at their strategic business plans :) --question, will "smilies" still exist then?]

Personally, I think BFC should be more ambitious than that--particularly if the value of their company 10 years from now is, as is likely, approaching Microsoft's.

That should be just about when the CM2+ Russian Front Consolidated 41-45 Massive Multiplayer edition will be able to be downloaded to my goggle-enhanced-to-give-a-360-degree-view-of-the-steppes rig, which will be 2000 faster than the one I have now. The Brain-wave control activated version will not quite be ready...

Just one catch. You must think.... in Russian.