New file at the Repository: German summer camouflage (2011-07-29)

These look really good in game. I'm not a uniform grog either, but it seems that these mix Heer and SS patterns (correct me if I'm wrong on this, please). I'm also completely ignorant of how prevalent camouflage was among Heer units in Normandy, but my impression was that it was not in regular use (and mostly tunics and smocks, not trousers), with feldgrau still being the dominant uniform.

I wonder if it would be possible to make up a pack with mostly feldgrau mixed with a few tunics/smocks in Sumpftarnmuster and Splittermuster (these were exclusively Heer patterns, I think; were there others in widespread use in summer 1944?). That would be most excellent.

Hi,

The second the above praise... truly fabulous mod. Great and glad to have it.

I wonder if it would be possible to make up a pack with mostly feldgrau mixed with a few tunics/smocks in Sumpftarnmuster and Splittermuster (these were exclusively Heer patterns, I think; were there others in widespread use in summer 1944?). That would be most excellent.

I agree... from a historical accuracy point of view that sounds spot on. Would get my vote.

All great stuff...

We are lucky to have CM and such great modders...

Kip.

Thank you for all the positive feedback. I'm new here and that is the first mod I have published.

First let me answered some questions you had:

The pack2 and pack3 uniforms were used during Normandy. If you like to use an mix with regular uniforms use the Pack 3. But I think during Normandy units were using a lot camouflage just flipping over there ponchos. (but just my opinion)

This list might give an overview: ( Note: Possible not correct- just what I found in the Internet)

Name: Reichswehr Splittermuster 31 Used: 1931 –> 1945

Name: plane-tree pattern Used: 1939 –> 1942

Name: smoke camouflage pattern Used: 1939 –> 1944

Name: Italian three color camouflage Used: 1939 –> 1945

Name: oak leaf pattern Used: 1943

Name: Sumpfmuster 44 (marsh pattern camouflage) Used: 1944 –> 1945

Name: oak leaf pattern late Used: 1944 –> 1945

Name: Reichswehr Splittermuster 45 1945 light absorbing and infa-red protection

Name: Leibermuster( body pattern ) Used: end of war light absorbing and infa-red protection

For all people how like to made missions: I have already posted the Italian three color camouflage to

the Battlefield side and should be available soon. What I like to do next. Some design on the thanks and than an campaign. If you have some wishes let me know it :)

greetings Stoppel

Stoppel, I like your work. Great stuff! Could you do some uniforms for the Herman Goering Fallschirm-Panzer Division based on their summer/desert sand-colored uniforms they wore in Tunis and Sicily? sdp did a great set of uniforms for the HG F-P Division for his Italian Mod, but it doesn't include any sand/dust/dun colored stuff, and I'd like to add a little variety that mod.

Stoppel, I like your work. Great stuff! Could you do some uniforms for the Herman Goering Fallschirm-Panzer Division based on their summer/desert sand-colored uniforms they wore in Tunis and Sicily? sdp did a great set of uniforms for the HG F-P Division for his Italian Mod, but it doesn't include any sand/dust/dun colored stuff, and I'd like to add a little variety that mod.

Hi mjkerner, at the moment I don't like to add sand colored uniforms because in Africa the British models are also necessary. So I would wait till Battlefront presents some British forces.

Then I will mod some sand colored uniforms for all units.

I hope you agree.

greetings Stoppel