Which tank would be the best in CMBN?

Well you can't compare any tank to wooden sherman - totally bulletproof, fast, accurate from 1200m even when moving. ;)

If you know the answer why ask the question ?

(I actually know the answer to my own question so i shouldn't be asking it but i will anyway)

M1A2 SEP, arguably the most potent tank ever designed on this planet as of 2011.

Interestingly, the T-55, which is seriously outclassed by everything in CMSF, was originally designed at the end of WW2 as a Tiger killer and matched or outclassed the Tiger I/II in every area from armament (100mm vs 88mm gun) to armor protection (99mm hull/203mm turret vs 100/180mm max).

In 2003, U.S. tankers encountered an unusual problem. Their AP shells were going straight through T-55s without exploding, because of their paper-thin (by 2003 standards) armor.

The tankers came up with an innovative solution, firing an AP shell first to ventilate the T-55, immediately followed by a HE shell to light up the ammo/fuel. Apparently, the resulting explosion was impressive to watch. :)

From what I've read the Germans never came up with a decent counter for - or equivalent to - the M18 Hellcat TD. It was a sportscar with a tank gun attached. Had a VERY favorable exchange rate, the primary threat to Hellcat seemed to be G.I.s thinking anything that didn't look like a Sherman must be German. ;)

Which tank would be the best in CMBN?

RTQ? : )

Of course the answer will be the Comet when we get the right module. However I expect some will maintain a thinly armoured open-top was the best despite it not being able to do what a tank is required to do. I suppose they will realise they are actually competing in the wrong category eventually : )

M18 does its side proud indeed, however, once again I must interject. :D

A single round from a SturmmTigger can be a scenario-ending event. It doesn't matter that there were only 18 made in RL. In CM1-land it was a tactical nuke. ;)

If Steve&Co bring it back, we will see.

Did you ever try out my "Storms At Vereke Pass" scenario. I guess you'd need to play the Axis :)

GaJ