Whose bright idea was it...

.. to have HUNT and BAIL OUT both ordered by the letter K? Twice I've had crews leap out of their tanks and race toward the point where I wanted the AFV to hunt to. D'oh!! I know it's a beginner's trap but it also strikes me as a little silly.

Which is why I don't use the key board for anything but camera navigation.

It is much harder to click on Bail accidentally with the mouse:)

HAHAHAHAAaa

Okay, that made me laugh. Thanks.

As to the multiple uses of the letter "K", well, I do consider it the best letter in the alphabet and personally think it should be used for many more roles. But I may be biased. ;)

The simple solution is to change "Bail Out" in the hot-key assignments to something else, or delete any hotkey binding at all to that function.

There are many others who have noted the same issue. (An alternative hotkey file is included in your game files.)

Good luck!

K-K-K-K-K-K-Ken (shamelessly using Kevin Klein from "A Fish Named Wanda")

.. to have HUNT and BAIL OUT both ordered by the letter K? Twice I've had crews leap out of their tanks and race toward the point where I wanted the AFV to hunt to. D'oh!! I know it's a beginner's trap but it also strikes me as a little silly.

Try the alternative hotkeys.

Rename "hotkeys.txt" to "hotkeysOLD.txt" or whatever, rename "alternative hotkeys.txt" to "hotkeys.txt".

I think you'll love em.

Yeah, use direct keys and you will never have this again. Or you can, if you want to keep using the relative key layout, edit your hotkeys.txt and give the bailout order a direct key, preferably one that you'd never press by accident. Now K or what ever shouldn't activate it even if that tab was active. 'K?

In fact, this was a design decision for much more realism. Girlies, war means chaos and frustration. Who understands that target-lines had to go for that reason, will be pleased about the leap forward that is expected for the v1.01 patch: finally key assignments will vary randomly in a scientific manner (only for real men in Iron-mode).

In fact, this was a design decision for much more realism. Girlies, war means chaos and frustration. Who understands that target-lines had to go for that reason, will be pleased about the leap forward that is expected for the v1.01 patch: finally key assignments will vary randomly in a scientific manner (only for real men in Iron-mode).

Platinum Mode difficulty allows no key presses at all. You have to order someone else to press the keys. They'll be subject to harassing fire the whole time, and their training is allowed to be no better than the average 2nd Lieutenant's.

Never been an issue for me (I use the alternate hotkeys) but my friend does this all the time. So funny just to see his tank crews randomly jump out at the start of a turn..lol Always look forward to the next rage fueled email. :)

The mistake I often make is to give orders to the passengers of a vehicle instead of the vehicle itself. Then I watch in horror as they jump out and run off into the open.

"The mistake I often make is to give orders to the passengers of a vehicle instead of the vehicle itself. Then I watch in horror as they jump out and run off into the open."

I am glad I am not the only person who does that.

My latest idiocy is to give a movement order to some point in enemty territory so that I can check the view from there using the target tool (I know its gamey, but it is a game). Then having had a good look around, I move to something else forgetting to cancel the movement order. A 60 second banzai charge then ensues.

Yeah, I use direct keys to avoid this problem! ... It has been brought up a couple times already on the forum.

As for the same big red button that both "Ends Playback" and "Ends Turn" ... well, I kind of like this feature! ... It makes sure that I stop playing either when I'm too drunk or too tired!!!! hahahahah!!!!!

Rename "hotkeys.txt" to "hotkeysOLD.txt" or whatever, rename "alternative hotkeys.txt" to "hotkeys.txt".

I think you'll love em.

Agree. That's what I did and have had almost no problems with them. I must admit that the playback controls tripped me up a couple of times, but that's a different issue.

Michael

It sounds as though this is a game that will require a lot of extra work on the part of the customer in order to fix the stock interface.

I'll do it, because I like these sort of games . . . but I'm not exactly looking forward to it. Sounds like a hassle.

I'm expecting it to be sort of like having to put together your best Christmas present before you play with it.

I agree. Unfortunately I'm running a PC game on a bootcamped imac and my mac keyboard was having fits translating some of the commands into pc-eze. What was my worst problem? "Cancel target" command. It seemed to work fine for everyone else butI was was seeing no keyboard command key at all. Ah well, I suppose if the switch was simple to do they would'a done it a long time ago.

What was my worst problem? "Cancel target" command. It seemed to work fine for everyone else butI was was seeing no keyboard command key at all.

There isn't one. At least not on my Mac running the Mac version. No prob in WEGO, I just move the cursor over to the UI and click on it there.

Michael

Nope, PC.

The spacebar comes in handy when I actually remember it is there. Much quicker than hotkeys (or at least it doesn't have that chance of screwing up) or the tabs. I've never used a hotkey in 11 years of CMing.

Mord.