Where can I buy the game?

Going to a store to buy a PC game is pretty hit or miss anyway. Unless you are looking for a Blizzard game or The Sims its pretty much a toss-up whether they will have what you are looking for.

Just get the digital + box option and you can be playing today with a physical copy in the mail. The download is pretty small, 1.3 GB or so, even if your connection sucks that really isn't too bad. I've downloaded far bigger over a 56K, way back when.

Going to a store to buy a PC game is pretty hit or miss anyway. Unless you are looking for a Blizzard game or The Sims its pretty much a toss-up whether they will have what you are looking for.

Just get the digital + box option and you can be playing today with a physical copy in the mail. The download is pretty small, 1.3 GB or so, even if your connection sucks that really isn't too bad. I've downloaded far bigger over a 56K, way back when.

Someone posted earlier that our European brothers don't use Credit/debit cards nearly as much as we do. That may be the issue here. I admit I thought everyone had easy access to plastic now-a-days. Everyone here can get pre-paid cards at nearly any major grocery store.

Someone posted earlier that our European brothers don't use Credit/debit cards nearly as much as we do. That may be the issue here. I admit I thought everyone had easy access to plastic now-a-days. Everyone here can get pre-paid cards at nearly any major grocery store.

Ah, well, get with the times I say!

At 44 years of age, I still deal in cash.

I've never had a credit card in my life, and whenever I've ordered something it's always been either COD or purchase via money order.

Certainly I would send a money order to Battlefront Co Inc.

Yes I still use a rotary dial phone.

Sorry, no money orders or COD.

Your payment options are credit/debit cards or Paypal. With Paypal you don't need to have a Paypal account if you have a credit/debit card (apparently not applicable in this case). So if you have a checking/bank account you could open up a Paypal account and link it to that (may take a couple of days to get it linked up). A Paypal account should open up a lot of purchasing opportunities for other things on the web since money orders and COD are basically not accepted by a lot of businesses on the web (too much potential fraud, especially for smaller ticket items).

If you can do a money order to the UK I will happily order the game for you and you can download it and/or I can have have it delivered to your address. I'd hate to see a gamer deprived of this game. Send me a PM if you want to work something out. We boring old farts must stick together.

Back when CMSF was their primary source of revenue I can only imagine that it irked BFC no end to see the Paradox labelled in-store version of the game being sold for chump change in the remainder bin. On the positive side, a lot of those 'no-profit' customers eventually showed up to purchase the modules and I expect a lot have bought CM:BN as well.

After consulting with the girlfreind, I has decided to give in and get a credit card.

26 years of telling credit card companys to go away... over.

If you pay off your balance in full every month the card shouldn't cost you anything, other than what it costs to buy stuff that you couldn't buy because you didn't have a credit card.

If you pay off your balance in full every month the card shouldn't cost you anything, other than what it costs to buy stuff that you couldn't buy because you didn't have a credit card.

I know... I just have moral and ethical issues with the whole culture of credit and debt. I've spent years raging against it, and now find myself unable to avoid becoming part of it.

I know... I just have moral and ethical issues with the whole culture of credit and debt. I've spent years raging against it, and now find myself unable to avoid becoming part of it.

Seriously, does your bank not offer a debit card? If you don't run an overdraft, on (a very laudable) principle, then a debit card is no worse than writing a cheque or yoinking some cash out the hole-in-the-wall.

Apart from the fact that it opens up a whole new can-o'-worms, in the "Oooo, I could buy this now, that I couldn't before!" department. :)

An alternative to a debit card would be a pre-paid credit card.