Where can I buy the game?

I would never get a debit card. My credit union switched my ATM card over to debit card and I've never used it as a debit card. If someone gets ahold of your debit card number they can empty your bank account, whereas with a credit card they just run up some charges. Usually credit card companies are pretty good about fraud and you seldom end up paying for 'unauthorized purchases'. Credit card companies are also usually pretty vigorous about spotting fraudulent charges and cutting off the line of credit before the unauthorized charges get too out of control (because the card company doesn't want to get left 'holding the bag').

I would never get a debit card. My credit union switched my ATM card over to debit card and I've never used it as a debit card. If someone gets ahold of your debit card number they can empty your bank account, whereas with a credit card they just run up some charges. Usually credit card companies are pretty good about fraud and you seldom end up paying for 'unauthorized purchases'. Credit card companies are also usually pretty vigorous about spotting fraudulent charges and cutting off the line of credit before the unauthorized charges get too out of control (because the card company doesn't want to get left 'holding the bag').

When I had a identity theft happen with my CU credit/debit card, the CU promptly refunded my losses within a few working days of my reporting the situation. What I have done since is to open a separate account for online purchases and use that debit card, filling up the account only enough to cover what I am buying and no more.

After consulting with the girlfreind, I has decided to give in and get a credit card.

26 years of telling credit card companys to go away... over.

Don't give in! Many is the time I've rued the day I got my first credit card. Okay, I've never rued anything. I'm not even sure what the proper form of ruing would look like. If you've fought the machine, or the man, or whoever, for all this time, don't quit now.

There are options. Have your girlfriend order it for you. Take up one of the offers from posters here who are willing to order for you. Heck, I'll do it, but I'm stateside. My sister's married to an Irish lad, would he get a break on shipping or customs? ;)

Don't give in!

Ken

Yeh, the whole issue's a snakepit. You could get the credit card just for CMBN then at the end of the year find out they charged you a $25 'inactivity fee'. Here in the US if you don't want to use a debit card you're likely to get charged an extra fee for talking to a cashier! So they got you coming or going.

You were lucky. My friend had to clean up her credit and get rid of collection agencies for YEARS after her card was stolen. The bank was worse than useless, US Bank. Finally she hired a lawyer and she took care of 99% of the problems.

I wasn't "lucky," I was using a credit union, which is a very different animal from a bank. Most banks give lousy service compared to credit unions.

I know... I just have moral and ethical issues with the whole culture of credit and debt. I've spent years raging against it, and now find myself unable to avoid becoming part of it.

Well, just remember that you are in control. Only buy things that you know you have the cash for and never carry a balance and you will never be in debt. You could even send a payment before you get the statement if you don't want to worry about it.

• 1 month later...
The new computer is hooked up.

The game is ordered (prepaid credit card).

My girlfreind says I am grinning like a blithering idiot.

She thinks you are "grinning like a Blithering Idiot"now,wait till you call in a Heavy Artillery Strike on some German Armor when they are caught out in the open with perfect line of sight from your Forward Observer.That will send a shiver up your leg.:D