Painfully slow download

Try d/l flashget, install and use...it brought me up from 40-50 to 400 kb/s. It was suggested here and it seems to work. I use firefox and had to also d/l and install the flashgot browser add on too. I have cable and usually get 1.5 - 2.0 mb/s so this is at least some consolation.

Because the refresh monkeys now recently become download monkeys are sucking up the bandwidth.

There was once was a time when something like this would be all gentlemenly and such - things like 'after you, sir'. No dignity now days. It is all fists and feet and getting beat out of the line now. At this rate, I might finish my download sometime next week....

Bastards.... all of you. ;)

I was getting about 30 kb/sec with the browser download and cancelled that and installed GetRight. That bumped me up to 200 kb/s. Not nearly as good as gunnergoz's rate, but don't want to try starting over at this point.

So looks like flasget is the way to go.

The disk image is hosted by a "cloud" system so there are servers all over the world for people to log into. Unfortunately, there's no way to specifically log into any one particular server. In theory you are automatically logged into the best one based on your IP. But we all know how perfect computer decisions are :D

Steve

I'm getting a blazing fast 1.21MB/sec (20 min total) without any accelerators so I'm certainly happy. Six more minutes and I'll be even happier.

BTW, this isn't to gloat, just to encourage those who are wondering whether it's worth trying to get it tonight.

Ok i downloaded flashget..it asks for the url to start it? i used the url of the download page that pops up from the email. the one where you click to start the download but it downloads some little file..probably the page..i dunno

Ok i downloaded flashget..it asks for the url to start it? i used the url of the download page that pops up from the email. the one where you click to start the download but it downloads some little file..probably the page..i dunno

Get to the page where it says 'click here to download' (i.e. the download link), right click that link, click 'copy address' or similar depending on your browser, then feed that into Flashget.

Downloaded Flashget but couldn't get it to control the download. After three tries I just gave up and am using the Firefox 6 hour method. I probably won't be able to look at it until tomorrow morning anyway.

Run flashget. Then select Open "Jobs", and select "New download".

Got to the Battlefront dowload screen and right click on the final download link that starts the exe save and "copy link option".

This should then just appear in the URL area of flashget that you already have up. It looks like whatever is in the windows copy buffer displays here. Then hit OK and you are away. No guarantees but I would be suprised if it wasn't 4-5 times faster.

Dark clouds: I'm stuck in Atlanta @ TechEd until Thursday night.

Silver lining: I can download the game unfettered by your selfish hogging of all the 1's and 0's.

Tarnished silver lining: You gits already have it.

I dunno if I'm blessed or cursed.

I pretty much just dl and installed Flashget. Closed it back down then went to BF and clicked on the link they provided. Flashget automatically opened and all I did was hit the dl button. I hammered out 25% in about 5 minutes so about another 15 min to go.

At first I loaded Flashget and tried to click on the BF link and all it was dl'g was some index.php file or something. Like I said I had to close it down completely and go back to BF and click on the link. Worked that time. FYI.