Painfully slow download

The recommendations to use Download Managers are pretty much all over the place, including the very download page itself. There is a reason for that :) It really speeds up the download AND it will make it way less prone to corruption.

The cloud network that the full versions are hosted on is huge, and to take best advantage of it, a Download Manager is really a good idea. We support pretty much every Manager out there (unlike some other systems which force you to use theirs).

The cloud network we use is also managed, which means that people are actually monitoring it and expanding it as needed. It's bloody expensive that way, but it should ensure pretty fast speeds overall. However, there can always be bottlenecks downstream that we can do nothing about. :-/

Martin

Yep, should have been using one of the download managers from the start. Guess I'm a bit spoiled by Steam, no fear of corruption or losing download progress, even if its a 10 GB+ game. Not saying you need to put the game on there, just FYI. ;)

No fear of corruption or losing download progress on our servers either, no matter what the file size is, AND you can use ANY download manager software you like, and are not forced to use one specific thing, and only that one thing. Much better!

No fear of corruption or losing download progress on our servers either, no matter what the file size is, AND you can use ANY download manager software you like, and are not forced to use one specific thing, and only that one thing. Much better!

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that your servers are faulty. I was just saying that it was my own mistake for not using a download manager, especially when you guys provide multiple choices right there on the download page. I'm just a Valve fanboy and plug Steam everywhere I go. :)

• 2 years later...

I am downloading my first game from Battlefront. CMBT full bundle.

My download is incredibly slow. Average 200-300kb/sec. And none of the download managers they suggested worked. I'm pretty computer savvy, but none of them recognized the CMBN download page and links.

They HAVE to improve their download servers or something. This is painful, especially since I get 1.8mbps on most other sites.

Oh well, I guess I don't play tonight. I'll let it run overnight. Just complaining in the hopes BFC will take note.