Re. Shipping preorders..

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the suggestion. I have asked about the costs of printing PDFs from a local printer and was quoted a price of about 20 GBP for a 150 page book. No binding included at that price.

I wouldn't mind so much paying the extra costs if the money were going to BFC, it's the middle men taking their cut for doing not very much that gets me so irritated.

I'll print one of for you, no probs (might cost you a pint though! :D)

I wouldn't mind so much paying the extra costs if the money were going to BFC, it's the middle men taking their cut for doing not very much that gets me so irritated.

Yeah, I feel the same - given the hundreds/thousands of hours I'll be spending on CMBN over the coming years, paying £50 for the game seems pretty trivial. Another £20 going to BF wouldn't seem that excessive really.

But 'giving' £20 to the Exchequer and the Posties for nothing is pretty annoying.

Not annoying enough to cancel my pre-order, but annoying all the same.

Still, I'll live.

And I'll have a fancy steelbook too.

I'll print one of for you, no probs (might cost you a pint though! :D)

Hmm, I can see were this is going:

(1) You kindly print off a manual for me

(2) We play a PBEM

(3) I get slaughtered basing my tactics on the info in the "manual" you supplied

so I'll decline the offer...I can lose without any help from anyone thank your very much.

Here is a solution, cancel your pre-order, see how much extra you will have to pay to your blood sucking governments and then if it is worth it to you, buy it normally. You will have the added benefit of getting to evaluate the game through the postings of everyone that has been playing it.

Find one, we'll vote for it.

Here you go, let me google that for you.

http://www.natural-law-party.org.uk/UKmanifesto/economy4-vatandtax.htm

Of course they want to use Yoga masters to reduce crime and increase harmony.........

still, they want to get rid of the VAT, so there you go.

I also found something called the "UKIP", didn't have much time to read about that one.

I also read about the "British National Party" that wants to go from an income tax to a consumption tax, taxing what is spent on "non-essential items" which probably would include CMBN.

Other than that, holy cow, you guys have it bad over there.

Fair enough. I have a preorder in and am now thinking of what to do. Will you charge VAT for download only purchases? And what was the price of download only-option when the game is released?

In Finland there is duty of 2.5% for computer games plus the VAT 23%. Thus the fees would be 0.235 x $80 = $18.8 which would be around 13 € for the government. (You wouldn't be required to pay if the taxes + duty would be under 10 €, the price doesn't warrant this in this case)

Do you use DHL or somesuch for international shipping?

(EDIT: God my account here is an old one :)

How can you avoid politics living where you do? Don't you have that weird mayor? :)

Oh, we have weird everything here! I just didn't want to get in trouble for expressing political opinions on this forum.

Despite this opinion being the only true opinion, and therefore FACT.

:D

I think it's 20% of $55 as the VAT + a £7.50 'handling fee' from the PO, which works out at about £15 or thereabouts...

But don't quote me, I've never paid import duties before, but my wife has for a similarly valued $50 purchase from the States.

Then again, it might not even get flagged up in customs apparently, so it could cost nowt. Luck of the draw by all accounts.

Kurt...I had an $80 game sent to me from the states...UPS (think it was them, it was a courier) wanted £30 in duty and Tax...thats after paying shipping! That was just customs duty and Tax!

I say to anyone in the UK if your tight for money DON'T get a game from the States that is courier delivered like UPS....juts get the download version...seriously you could be in for a shock...

The said game I had a bill for I had to contact the publisher as it was supposed to be a gift...had to refuse shipment...and got a download version instead.