Easter Release.

. . . any chance of the boxed versions being posted out the day before the Day of Download?

Not that I'm aware. I have a faint recollection of reading something posted by Moon or other BF staff that had the order of how things were going down a ways back, or perhaps not. I thought I'd read that the D/L day and mailing day would be simultaneous, but I'm sure someone will be along shortly to correct me if I'm wrong.

Oh, maybe I should take the upcoming Monday off too, for that four day break.

My son has been looking at Tyrespawn's videos and is even more fired up about the game than I am. However, he has exams starting in May and running on to mid-June. He also has the breaking strain of a damp kit-kat and will for sure spend time playing the game to the detriment of his studies.

I am sure that there will be thousands, if not tens of thousands, of young men in a similar situation. Therefore, I would like to suggest that, in the interests of the long term health of Western economies, Battlefront delays the release of CMBN until July when exams in Europe and America will be over.

*Ducks and runs for cover*

I am sure that there will be thousands, if not tens of thousands, of young men in a similar situation. Therefore, I would like to suggest that, in the interests of the long term health of Western economies, Battlefront delays the release of CMBN until July when exams in Europe and America will be over.

Given the general state of the educational system, I can't see that it would make a damn bit of difference.

Michael

My son....has the breaking strain of a damp kit-kat

:confused: What is this moon-talk?

And: I'm now envisioning Hitler present-day, playing Combat Mission, and wondering what that would look like. I'm thinking the spittle would be flying early and often, what with his troops not executing his orders with robot-like precision and well....reality....putting a damper on things.

"Diese Spiel ist defekt! Geben sie mich meinen Command and Conquer!"*

*this scenario not intended to equate RTS players with Hitler, or vice-versa.**

**Though I'm pretty sure if Hitler had played computer games, he'd have been an RTS player. ***

***Not a very good one.

:confused: What is this moon-talk?

And: I'm now envisioning Hitler present-day, playing Combat Mission, and wondering what that would look like. I'm thinking the spittle would be flying early and often, what with his troops not executing his orders with robot-like precision and well....reality....putting a damper on things.

"Diese Spiel ist defekt! Geben sie mich meinen Command and Conquer!"*

*this scenario not intended to equate RTS players with Hitler, or vice-versa.**

**Though I'm pretty sure if Hitler had played computer games, he'd have been an RTS player. ***

***Not a very good one.

I have never tried to break a Damp Kit Kat.I will dunk one in milk and see how hard it is to break.I will report on the progress of my experiment after it is completed.:D

Cull,

I am sorry I should have tought about our US cousins. A Kit-Kat is a popular choclate covered biscuit item of confectionary, one that is easy to snap into two pieces. A damp kit-kat is even more easily broken. Now, you know about breaking-strains, don't you? If you don't I fear we have a great deal of tedious spade work in front of us before you will grasp the metaphor.

I have never tried to break a Damp Kit Kat.I will dunk one in milk and see how hard it is to break.I will report on the progress of my experiment after it is completed.:D

Make sure the milk is warm as this will weaken the outer chocolate layer therefore eroding the structural integrity of the biscuit core, allowing one to experience the full meaning of the metaphor.

That is disgusting.

P.S. We now have had half-a-dozen or so posts about the metaphor I used but only one about my actual suggestion. I love this site. It is so .....well, English.

Lol not one of your little foibles then Blackcat? I dip everything into my coffee or tea..well not quite everything.

Then again when asked to hold my mates beers while the go for a slash, we have been known to wet or dicks in their beer

Lol not one of your little foibles then Blackcat? I dip everything into my coffee or tea..well not quite everything.

Then again when asked to hold my mates beers while the go for a slash, we have been known to wet or dicks in their beer

Yes, but then from your nom de plume I would not have expected anything better.

I served with some of your guys once and was introduced to the "dance of the flaming ar**holes" - quite what the attraction was of jumping out of a window with a lit (i.e. on fire) rolled up newspaper shoved up ones ar*e, I couldn't fathom. But at least they didn't actually eat drinking glasses like some bootnecks I also had to deal with many years ago.

Yes, but then from your nom de plume I would not have expected anything better.

I served with some of your guys once and was introduced to the "dance of the flaming ar**holes" - quite what the attraction was of jumping out of a window with a lit (i.e. on fire) rolled up newspaper shoved up ones ar*e, I couldn't fathom. But at least they didn't actually eat drinking glasses like some bootnecks I also had to deal with many years ago.

Blackcat, i am right i thinking that you think, i am or was in the paras mate? If so, although i wish that was the case i am not and never was buddy. I use the para nick as a tribute to a friend of mine who was and to the paras themselves.

Now having read what you just put about some of your experiences with them i'm glad i wasn't lol