Release Date ?

Hey guys,

after CM:C was cancelled i haven,t visited this site for a long while. I was really surprised a few weeks ago when i saw the new CM title, also i wait for a damn release date!

Read here somewhere about February 2011 but nothing official.

After playing CM:BB for years i was really disappointed from CM:SF (and its not this disappointment on a high level like SC2 or God of War 3 or or or, it was a HUGE disappointment, just my opinion) and also hope for a return to the old system (and of course play a REAL conflict, not watching how bugs get smashed by a small child, know that only way you can win/survive is that case the child miss you)

So please, bring out this game, SOOON :D

or let us know when it happens :)

Well as a member of "you".

NFI re release date (and nor does anyone else - apart from Steve). :)

Some may think they know but most of that is based on old information which they have then extrapolated until its basically useless.

It will come out when its ready.

"Ready" will be defined by Steve / Moon / Charles, et al. No doubt they will tell us all when that time comes. :)

Then:

i am not asking them i am asking all of you.

It clearly looks like your asking BF and not the fans for rumor-mill. But if you do want the speculation of the community then try a search.

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=94570&highlight=release+date

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=94196&highlight=release+date

Hey guys,

after CM:C was cancelled i haven,t visited this site for a long while. I was really surprised a few weeks ago when i saw the new CM title, also i wait for a damn release date!

Read here somewhere about February 2011 but nothing official.

After playing CM:BB for years i was really disappointed from CM:SF (and its not this disappointment on a high level like SC2 or God of War 3 or or or, it was a HUGE disappointment, just my opinion) and also hope for a return to the old system (and of course play a REAL conflict, not watching how bugs get smashed by a small child, know that only way you can win/survive is that case the child miss you)

This is where I get confused....CMBN will more or less play like CMSF but with WW2 equipment....not sure how your going to like it if you hated CMSF and want a game like CMx1...as it isn't going to be like CMx1 it's going to be like CMSF. Also CMSF has come on a long way since it's release....your really talking about a game that doesn't exist anymore...download the demo...if you still don't like the game mechaincs I wouldn't put money on you liking CMBN.

This is where I get confused....CMBN will more or less play like CMSF but with WW2 equipment....not sure how your going to like it if you hated CMSF and want a game like CMx1...as it isn't going to be like CMx1 it's going to be like CMSF. Also CMSF has come on a long way since it's release....your really talking about a game that doesn't exist anymore...download the demo...if you still don't like the game mechaincs I wouldn't put money on you liking CMBN.

I kind of see where Andross is coming from, the mechanics of CFSF are fine, but some people just can't get around the asymetrical warfare, or the bland lighting/terrain effects of the middle east. Some people I said. Everyone has their own opinion. Or maybe WW2 is the niche preferred, over modern era.

CMBN has canals, argriculture, forests, bridges groves, lush and populated with objects. Warfare can be symetrical, PzIV vs Sherman, Stug vs Wolverine, squad vs squad. If you wanted to play it that way. Not saying CMSF is not play balanced by any means. Just that it may be possible for people to like CMBN over CMSF as long as they like and understand the game mechanics between the two.

Hey guys,

I feel your pain on CMC. It truly was ahead of its time. It would have been the ultimate add-on to the CM1 series. Maybe someday Steve (or third party) will make an effort into an operational type of wargame using this excellent tactical engine.

As to a release, pure speculation on my part but I would be checking in regularly. I would think 2nd quarter would be a fair estimate. The AAR's and most recent pics look very polished IMHO.

As to a release, pure speculation on my part but I would be checking in regularly. I would think 2nd quarter would be a fair estimate. The AAR's and most recent pics look very polished IMHO.

I get the feeling that there is still a lot of polishing to do; combined with (imo) Battlefront having a considerable amount riding on this release it would seem we will get a final product that reflects it.

In the pure speculation department, with the worldwide dog-and-pony shows starting this very weekend it can't be too far to a release of a demo- maybe a month or... three?

I think its abut the environment more then anything else.CMSF was kinda bland as far as the terrain.Don't get me wrong,I loved the game,Im just getting tired of Desert fights.I am soooooooo looking forward to some green in my environment.We"The United States" never seem to fight wars in a nice environment,It is all Deserts these days.It will be nice to go back to a beautiful country like France to do our killing.I wish we could invade the Bahamas.Then I may just have to reenlist.Desert warfare sucks.:D

We"The United States" never seem to fight wars in a nice environment...

I recall as a teenager watching the movie Drums Along the Mohawk or some such on tv, and there was this one battle that was being fought in this beautiful forest. Guys were dodging behind these big fir trees and trading shots with their muskets, and I remember thinking, "What a beautiful place to have a war." Of course, nowadays with artillery and all, the trees would be reduced to shredded kindling and it wouldn't be beautiful at all. Pity. Maybe we should all go back to smoothbore muskets and bayonets.

Michael