AAA in CM:BN

Dedicated AA guns are not found in CM:BN for two reasons:

2. No time to add ground to air interaction this release.

The interaction of ground to air in CMx1 was fairly "gamey". We want to do much better with it in CMx2.

Steve

When you say "this release" do you mean this initial release of CM:BN or the entire series of modules that hangs off of CM:BN? If it's never going to be part of the Normandy named game then that's a big disappointment, along with lack of flames and riding on tanks. Am I being too pessimistic here?

Regards

KR

Our general philosophy is that no major features are added to a Family (which in this case is CM:BN) after the base game is released EXCEPT when those features are necessary for new units added to Modules. Obviously ground to air behavior and flame spewing are necessary for certain types of vehicles, guns, and/or personal equipment. Therefore, these are features which could very well be added within the CM:BN Family. But we've honestly made no hard and fast decisions about what to include and when, so I can't promise anything specific at this point.

Other new features will certainly get into CM:BN as the Modules come out. While our focus on Modules is adding content and not features, sometimes we can't help ourselves and we put new stuff in anyway.

Steve

That's great news Steve. I'm sure you understand this is THE campaign for many gamers and it may be another ten years till it gets done again. We want it to have all the goodies we can get to go with it. For that reason even though I really came to enjoy CMSF I prefer WWII and I'm glad you didn't do Normandy first as Normandy will now have so many new features. I hope that makes sense :)

Our general philosophy is that no major features are added to a Family (which in this case is CM:BN) after the base game is released EXCEPT when those features are necessary for new units added to Modules. Obviously ground to air behavior and flame spewing are necessary for certain types of vehicles, guns, and/or personal equipment. Therefore, these are features which could very well be added within the CM:BN Family. But we've honestly made no hard and fast decisions about what to include and when, so I can't promise anything specific at this point.

Other new features will certainly get into CM:BN as the Modules come out. While our focus on Modules is adding content and not features, sometimes we can't help ourselves and we put new stuff in anyway.

Steve

Good to know that new features can still be added to the CM:BN family of games. Fingers crossed that you manage to find a way to add the features I mentioned before the family is completed. I would throw in moveable waypoints in that list as well. :)

Regards

KR