Thanks..

&

The Kill List, Kill List, Kill List...Oh lovely Kill List!

Awesome Flavor Objects (hay stacks and carts woo hoo)...deformable bocage...

THE PUMA!!!!

Lots of Unis and helmets and infantry specific equipment...

The Greyhound!

Cemeteries!

Beauteous buildings....

NEEEEEXXXT....

Mord.

Been thinking about some of the names that haven't shown up yet, Like Akidorat, Bullethead, 155 Treeburst, Bluesteel, and others. Where are they now?

Michael

All out there, looking for their Entwives I should think. They might return now though, as the horns of the never ending battle can be heard again :)

/Mattias

All out there, looking for their Entwives I should think. They might return now though, as the horns of the never ending battle can be heard again :)

/Mattias

Yeah, it might take a while for "word" to get around, but I have no doubt that the irresistable draw of a 2nd interpretation of CMBO will bring longtime and longlost players alike back into the fold...

Massive maps 2.5 miles square, wow. Sheer amount scenarios/fighting you could stage just on one map! This mixed with ALL of the terrain features both natural and man made structures with custom prepared forces at your disposal. Boggles the mind tactically. Worth the year wait?

Worth the year wait? I've been waiting in OSX for far more than a year to play some superb BF goodness like the old days of CMBO. And a 2.5 square mile map? Huge. Huge! I play most of my 10mm company and smaller wargaming on terrain that represents never more than 400-600 yards square. 2.5 miles is heaven to me. And as a designer/artist/geographer I can't wait to make my own scenarios in said terrain. Lovely. Positively giddy and shaking with excitement.

...the irresistable draw of a 2nd interpretation of CMBO will bring longtime and longlost players alike back into the fold...

I'm back, I"m back!!! My hard drive has been waiting many years for this. I fear an addiction only matched by the original release of CMBO (my favourite game since I first owned a Mac back in the late 1970s) coming on, oh yes I do. CMBO was a religion to me ... nothing since has ever come close.

Don't confuse "miles square" with square miles. An area 2.5 miles square would enclose 6.25 square miles.

You sure that was a Mac? I thought Apple didn't start making Macs until 1984.

Michael

Apple IIe then. Macs since my first 512 in 1984. And yes, my math was wrong. That's what I get for posting too fast in the morning (and why I married a writer/editor). Or being too old, perhaps.

It's still an amazing map area ... can't wait to create maps for the community.

Been thinking about some of the names that haven't shown up yet, Like Akidorat, Bullethead, 155 Treeburst, Bluesteel, and others. Where are they now?

Michael

The names that I remember the best 'from the good old days' are Fionn and Madmatt. Although I seem to remember Fionn was banned at a certain point?

The names that I remember the best 'from the good old days' are Fionn and Madmatt.

Names that shall ring down through eternity.

Although I seem to remember Fionn was banned at a certain point?

Yes. He was a good chap but couldn't seem to control his temper. Since he was doing his internship at the time, he may have been under a lot of stress. In which case, he might have been well advised to withdraw voluntarily until his life had settled down. But who among has not made similar mistakes?

Michael

Yes. He was a good chap but couldn't seem to control his temper. Since he was doing his internship at the time, he may have been under a lot of stress. In which case, he might have been well advised to withdraw voluntarily until his life had settled down. But who among has not made similar mistakes?

Michael

I seem to remember that there was a certain... someone(s) here at the time that enjoyed poking Fionn with a sharp stick all the time? Not that he didn't deserve it once in a while.