Great game

I've just reinstalled the game and a fair few mods and scenarios. I've been playing Arma2 for awhile and I've realised it was CMSF that I really wanted to play after all.

Such a shame it got a bad name on release because now for me even with its quirks it fullfills my wargame itch. I'm not really that into the conflict it covers though, yet I still have an edge of the seat ride with that nail biting wego turn system.

I just can't wait for the WW2 game and I may even buy the Nato pack as I can see some alternitive history games of a modern WW2 style conflict. A mod for european terrian and buildings and we are away with a classic european conflict....UK and America vs the rest of the countries that come with the nato pack. Sounds good to me.

Yeah, old europe kicking the a** of those brit euro traitors and their yank buddies :) Canadians are also welcome to join the fight instead of the french.

Why would the Canadians head over to Europe to fight when they can just invade the U.S. over here in North America? It would even be possible to make scenarios for that conflict with the terrain already existing in CM:SF. It just means that the Canadians will have to go to Mexico first, invade the U.S. from the southern border and go no further north than Nevada. :D

Ah, that's right! With the NATO module we'll finally be able to model the Southpark U.S. Canada war! :D

Nato module's going to be attacking from north-to-south. Instead of calling it the Turkish/Syrian border we could designate it the Saskatchewan/North Dakota border. Canada makes a dash for Minot. The midwest wide-open spaces is not so very different from cultivated northern Syria - except its significantly less populated.

New to Battlefront and to CMSF.

Came to look at PT Boats not knowing about CMSF. Seeing CMSF, I downloaded the demo.

Now a proud owner :)

Have been playing such simulations since the days of the Sinclair Spectrum anf there has not been many that has got me this excited.

Excellent product and a well done to the developers.

I've just reinstalled the game and a fair few mods and scenarios. I've been playing Arma2 for awhile and I've realised it was CMSF that I really wanted to play after all.

Such a shame it got a bad name on release because now for me even with its quirks it fullfills my wargame itch. I'm not really that into the conflict it covers though, yet I still have an edge of the seat ride with that nail biting wego turn system.

I just can't wait for the WW2 game and I may even buy the Nato pack as I can see some alternitive history games of a modern WW2 style conflict. A mod for european terrian and buildings and we are away with a classic european conflict....UK and America vs the rest of the countries that come with the nato pack. Sounds good to me.

I want to echo Wodins sentiments - i bought the game as a filler before CM:N wanting to familiarise myself with the UI and the camera controls, over the last 2 days (having only really got into it in the last week) it has become for me a great game, a sit back, and say - well, i cant believe that just happened great game - very immersive, very tense and the best thing about it is every time i click the 'go' button (only wego for me, only way to play the game!!!) i think this is going to be freaking awesome as CM:N

When I first heard about CMSF, which was actually a little after the game had come out, my first thought was: "What? Not WW2?!?" (I've very much enjoyed CMBB and CMAK over the years.) Then I played the demo and saw the potential that the fully 3D game engine had to offer, and the excellent modeling of modern weaponry finally sparked my interest in post-1945 military technology. Once I bought the game, I've been digging it ever since.

Thanks very much to all the progammers, designers, model-makers, artists, playtesters, and modders who made this game what it is.

US Army, USMC, British Army, German Army, Canadian Army, Dutch Army, Syrian Army, Syrian Special Forces, Syrian Airborne, Syrian Unconventional Forces. The BFC Modular System has proven to be a win-win.

MarkEzra... why you gotta be like that?

Silly me, all this time I've been thinking the beatings you've been giving me have more than made up for any rabbit-punch, cheap-shot, one-off, entirely-dependant-on-fluke-shot, lucky, minor, and ultimately meaningless victories I have managed to score against you...

What sinister method of psy-ops will you employ when rubes like me have access to Nato (and Normandy too)??? :D

This is the first game since I bought Close Combat 2 that I really get attached to my Pixel troops. This is no mean feat as it's damn rare that I've felt this way whilst playing a game.

I'm looking forward to CM Normandy as the clone look will be a thing of the past and this will enhance this again.

Any chance CMSF will get this update? So each soldier has the right equipment on them? I do hope so.

CMSF2 will be based in the CM:N game so it will have all the improvements...

Good-old CMSF hasn't rested on it laurels quite yet. The NATO module (and one assumes the associated patch) are going to see some 'back-spillage' into the CMSF game engine from lessons learned working on Afghanistan and Normandy. They can't go too far in that direction, though. You'd probably prefer your old scenarios to continue working. ;)

+1 to more upgrades vs. keeping old scenarios. I do understand the the business aspect of it though. Remember that CMSF2, another modern title, is planned for the future and if it is exactly the same as CMSF technologically, then all we will really be getting is new units and terrain perhaps.

I think there is a bit of a misunderstanding here. It´s not really a problem with scenarios being compatible or not but with the way the engine has been planned to be developed.

Modules add content. They also usually come at the same time as some big patches for the main game. However the patches only add fixes and some improvements but not new features. Which is not a problem IMO since the game is pretty solid by now. Actually I think it´s really great that there will still be improvements and fixes to the base game!

Games, unlike modules, add new features, improvements and changes to the engine. They obviously also add new content since they are set in a different time and place.

NATO is a module so don´t expect new features or a different setting. The base game for NATO is CM:SF. You need the main game to use the module.

CM:Afghanistan is a new game so it will have some new features added on top of the new setting. It is a stand alone product. There might or might not be modules for this game. You cannot use CM:SF modules here since it is a different game.

CM:Normandy is also a new game so it will have new features and improvements in the engine apart from being set in WW2. There will be modules for this game also.

Then, there will be a new game, CM:SF2 which will incorporate the improvements and features in the engine, up until the moment of release, and it will be set in the near future. It will be a stand alone game which will then have it´s own modules.

All this has been mention before, in several occasions, by Steve, by the way. I´m just repeating it here with my own words. :)