CMBF demo!!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its working for me as it allways does. you do it the same way you did it once befor.

what can go wrong is that you possibly deleted a shortcut not of your game language. means you play in english->only mess with english shortcuts. dont touch french or german or whatever, this makes it crash short befor the mission loads, between 95 and 99 % in average.

Also, the expected format is a little different. v1.20 adds a new command (target smoke) so there has to be an entry line in hotkeys for that.

It goes between "face" and "deploy". People's old custom v1.11 hotkeys files won't have that, so they need to add it.

There is a 'version' of the Brit scenario going into the main game. The primary difference is they wanted the demo a bit 'sexier' so it got Challenger 2s. So its the-same-but-different ;)

About the Jav team. The designer (ahem) spit the team between two vehicles to reduce the chance that they all die catastrophically together. There's a second vehicle with the other two showing up as reinforcements.

The thing is, I don't think they were split up. When I told the Javelin team to dismount the team went from the 2 men shown in the vehicle, to four men.

Ooooh, I see what's going on. The TUM WMIK always has four men but two of them have put down their weapons so don't show up in the weapons display! The same thing happens to tank crews, the personal small arms count keeps changing depending on what the crewmember is doing. If he's firing the main gun he's obviously not holding his carbine. And if a Javelin guy decides to fire on a jihadi with his rifle the Jav icon goes away and is replaced by a rifle icon.

i am not sure if i read this correctly, but in the misc. section of the new update list it state scenario time limit is increased to 4 hours.

thanks BFC for finally increasing the time. I appreciate all your other changes and tweaks but i think the longer scenarios will give our designers different options to create larger maps.

i am not going to dl the demo but am very happy about the idea that the brits are coming hopefully next week. also i hope we can purchase a bundle pack of all three titles.

Just started playing the demo and I noticed that the U.S. IBCT is not listed as an option in the quick battle setup interface. I know the quick battles are disabled in the demo but I can still see the British forces as an option in the setup. Hopefully just an oversight! :)

I'm just getting used to the British forces in the included scenario and so far have quite a ways left to go, learning about their capabilites and weaknesses the hard way. :D

Admittedly no, wasn't that supposed to be hopelessly slow?

well it squeezed out around 900kb/s as i started befor any mirrors where up or listed. as people catched up it slowed down to around 400 to 500kb/s, not the speediest thing but its surely not slow.

Also the Army version of "Going to town" is an adaptation from one of the tactical vignette scenarios which you have with the base game.

The idea behind that is you can play the same map and pretty much similar tactical situations with differant forces. The demo for CMSF Marines and Strykers has always, since they were first released, been based on Tactical Vignette Passage at Wilcox (which has some heavier stuff on map). Like for several years now :)