CMMODS..this is the end

CMMODS is closing down so if you have files up on there you need to make sure they make it to the repository, which will soon be your only source for mods and scenarios. A very sad day. Their no frills, easy to navigate website breathed new life into the BF games. It is shame we must see it go. I know I speak for everyone when I say thanks for the SIX years of supporting BF games CMMODS. We will miss you!!!! Make sure you let them know you appreciate everything they have done....here: cozog@cozog.com

Many thanks to cmmods for years--literally years--of service to this community. I always relied on the site for getting the latest and best scenarios, especially due to the rating system.

I donated a bit of money some time ago. I wish I could have given more.

Again, thank you cmmods.

Before we all decide to hold a wake for CMMODS, why don't we see if someone wants to step up to the plate to host the site and ask Columbusohgamer if he would okay with a 'change of command' ceremony and hand it off to someone.

Unfortuately, that someone isn't me as I have enough RL issues of my own to preclude me. Still, CMMODS can be saved if someone steps up and Columbusohgamer is okay with it.

Just saying....

Very sad, as the first post states it was a simplistic site but very easy to navigate, sort and download from. Unfortunately so far the repository hasn't provided the same experience.

I'd hope everyone here including BFC would recognise the service above and beyond the call of duty that Columbusohgamer provided for many years keeping the games alive despite obvious family issues that were going on.

I once counted up how many of my own mods I uploaded to cmmods.com. I think I passed 300. And that was about 3 years ago! 'Virtual modeling' using CM vehicles completely replaced my old longstanding kit hobby habit and cmmods.com played a large part in that.

I once counted up how many of my own mods I uploaded to cmmods.com. I think I passed 300. And that was about 3 years ago! 'Virtual modeling' using CM vehicles completely replaced my old longstanding kit hobby habit and cmmods.com played a large part in that.

Strangely enough I dl'd 300 ;)