Red Based Module

G'day Guys/Girls

I've been a fan of BF and in particular CMSF for a while now (been loitering around the forums for ages now). First off congradulations have to go to the devs for producing one of best games on the market to date (not an easy feat considering the competiton). I understand that this idea really does depend on what direction the devs want to take for this game. However considering all the blue based modules that are published or soon to be released (Marines, British and NATO), we really do need a red based module for some balance.

Don't get me wrong all of these blue based modules have merit, but its seems to me after reading the forums that alot you play from a red based perspective (I know I do). I was thinking a red based module could be in same light (not gameplay) as was done for Company of Heros:Opposing Fronts.

A red based module could also be either fictionally or real world based and could include the TO/E or assymetrical warefare elements of any number of countries that tie in with the CMSF theme. Some sugestions could include: Syria, Iran, or Iraq with or without elements of Chinesse or Russian support. IMHO, the campaign alone would be worth the price of admission.

Sorry if the idea has all ready has been submitted, a check through the forums yielded little results.

Anyway be interested to know what guys think.

Yeah, I would love a red module. It could possibly be vs one of the blue armies, in the vein of a post-shooting war insurgency. I have also thought about a campaign concerning a post-war newly-formed Syrian government trying to dispose of some straggling naysayers with a less then crack army, for a Conventional Red vs Uncon Red Campaign.

Either way it would be nice to play the game from the other side in single player, and also mesh well with the fictional invasion of the original campaigns.

As far as I have understood revision for modern red unit pool is planned only for CMx2 "Shock Force II" (modern setting in temperate climate).

But I would definitely also pay for a additional module which makes Shock Force I 'complete'. (more red desert units and organisations, more flavour objects, maybe even add the idf + blue mercs without much noise...)

I have been finding myself playing "red side" more often than not. I would love a "red force module." Personally, I think Battlefront made a good choice with the initial red force as Syria. So many directions one can to based on the geographic location of the combat.

Would love to see an Israeli IDF module and Turkish module as well. Jordanian would be interesting as well. Could put together some rather interesting and variable situations and scenarios.

We do have a nice surprise up our sleeve regarding CMSF modules, you just wait and see :)

Oh man, this really makes me hope for a nice RED surprise. I'm really enjoying the red equipment, and it does seem unfair that we get modern US Army, Marines, Brits and Nato, without any likely opposition beyond what is available on the Syrian forces, which apart from the T90 and BMP-3 came with the original game.

When I think about it, what I really like about much of the red stuff is the fact that it dates back to the 1950s, yet we only get the latest western stuff. Maybe balance would also be achieved by releasing some older western equipment... but I guess we're talking more than just modules here, and BFT have already said they're not interested in a cold war game :(

We do have a nice surprise up our sleeve regarding CMSF modules, you just wait and see :)

He must mean in addition to the NATO module which Steve confirmed as consisting of the Germans, Canadians and Dutch. There was talk by Steve once of a possible French module but I think Moon is hinting at something red here. Oh well, like he says, we'll have to wait and see.

What, no one interested in a Russian red module? I'd love that...Chechnya, Georgia, and many other what ifs would do my heart good.

Oh there's interest but Battlefront has says they will do a whole new game of Modern combat in a temperant setting. Eveyone goes to war just because. ;)

I can see the Russians being the good guys in the next installment. BLUE forces consisting of T95 etc. Would be cool to play.

My money's on Russians being the OpFor in a Georgian War 2 scenario. This way we get the temperate climate, conceivable NATO involvement, and a good amount of recent history as a design resource. Probably something similar to the "Georgian Oil War" campaign in the recently released Ka-50 simulator.

Either that, or something similar with Ukraine taking the place of Georgia. Then we'd get to play with T-84's!

Context is slightly askew. Martin said "surprise", but he didn't say it was a Red surprise. I want to nip that in the bud because there's definitely no "Red Module" in the works, or any major additions for Red for either British or NATO Modules.

CM:SF 2, on the other hand, will be full blown, broad spectrum temperate environment conventional warfare. The plan is to start working on that as soon as CM: Normandy is nearly complete. Our strategy is to continue to have the modern and WWII stuff going in parallel with each other.

Steve