BV 202 in British module?

M1A1TC

All I can do is direct you to the Brit module vehicle list on the website. There's all sorts of good reasons for putting it in the game, and one good reason for not. Is an articulated vehicle with double track sets simply outside the game engine's scope? Its not like there are a dozen similar vehicles out there to share the special coding, or an application to be carried over for the WWII title. It's like special-coding Russian dog-mines - A lot of time and effort expended for comparatively little utility. Basically an ugly truck.

BV202 has been long, long since out of use. Wasn't very good, so they made the BV206 to replace it. And there are other versions as well.

Why isn't it included? Simple... it's used by Royal Marines only (AFAIK) and we aren't including Royal Marines. The other reason is we do not have a need to code a tandem vehicle like the BV206. Since it's not a trivial thing to code, we don't want to do it just for the one vehicle.

I almost bought a BV206 several years ago :)

Steve

Adam,

That would be great for camping, I'm not sure there are many places you'd be allowed to take it What's the rule on operating these things cross-country?

Register it as a snowmobile (trust me, it can be :)) and around here you can drive it for hundreds of miles without covering the same ground. Sure, you might run over a couple of snowmobiles in the process, but hey... it's a free country!

Steve

ha! the british army homepage misspelled the only swedish word in the articel :)

"The Viking is a follow-on from the BV202 and the BV206. BV stands for 'Bandvagen' in Swedish which means that it is driven via rubber tracks."

Its actually "Bandvagn", not "Bandvagen" :cool:

The other reason is we do not have a need to code a tandem vehicle like the BV206. Since it's not a trivial thing to code, we don't want to do it just for the one vehicle.

Then you should have said you needed more! :D Here's another vehicle:

1109326329_Dia_SisuNA-140BT.JPG

NA-140 BT

And a third one:

1084780065_15.SISU_NA-110.jpg

NA-110

And let's not limit things to tandem...

1085551515_16.Hagglunds_BV206.jpg

You will anyway need to come back to jointed vehicles when doing the East Front armoured trains, or at least with Space Lobsters.

Chainsaw,

ha! the british army homepage misspelled the only swedish word in the articel

"The Viking is a follow-on from the BV202 and the BV206. BV stands for 'Bandvagen' in Swedish which means that it is driven via rubber tracks."

Its actually "Bandvagn", not "Bandvagen"

What do you expect from a nation that insists that Armor is spelled Armour, Maneuver is spelled Manoeuvre, and French Fries spelled Chips (and Chips spelled Crisps). They're a silly lot :D'

Sergei,

Now you're just trying to make me regret not buying one! That's cruel.

Steve