Marines Module update at Blogfront

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Chainsaw:

I want the marine module now so the british module is a bit closer!

I want to hear my troops saying "alright chaps!" :D

I doubt you'll hear much of that from the modern British squadie. More like, "Get a f**king move on you f**king w***kers before I put my boot up your f**king arse!" Brits swear more than Yanks these days, civilians and military alike.

works fine for me anyway, hope we get some Irishmen in as well :D (to add to the fun of the voices :D )

what im looking forward the most with the Marine module is the Shoulder-launched Multipurpose Assault Weapon actually, sofar when playing US ive missed something direct HE to fire into buildings like the M2 Carl gustav im trained on in the swedish army. so getting something equal gonna be nice smile.gif

Originally posted by Cpl Steiner:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Chainsaw:

I want the marine module now so the british module is a bit closer!

I want to hear my troops saying "alright chaps!" :D

I doubt you'll hear much of that from the modern British squadie. More like, "Get a f**king move on you f**king w***kers before I put my boot up your f**king arse!" Brits swear more than Yanks these days, civilians and military alike. </font>

Hey guys! Any more word on this yet? I've just had a look at the website and it hasn't been updated since the 28th May when it was opened. And there's been no official word about progress either. What's going on? Can't you even give us a NEGATIVE ETA... ie it WON'T be available before 1st July or something?

I don't think the VAAR contest and the release of the Marines module will be linked except for the fact that the module won't be released probably after the end of the contest. I suppose July - early August will be a possible date for the release of the Marines module.

quote - "If the VAAR contest is running for about 2 months and 2nd prize is a copy of marines module am I reading in to it too much that that is when the release is aimed for?"

When I read that announcement, that was the impression I got too. Sometime early August seems to be about right.

I know I'm just going to have to learn to be patient but I'm finding it hard to motivate myself to do any work on my current CMSF projects as they will almost certainly be made obsolete by some of these unknown 'exciting new gameplay features'. Noibody's going to want to play 'old' scenarios for a while after the release so what's the point of making them?

So come on guys. Isn't it about time you threw us a small bone here?

Originally posted by SgtMuhammed:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Field Marshal Blücher:

In the VAAR contest thread, about the Marines Module:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Moon:

and exciting new gameplay features.

Any word on what these will be?

-FMB </font>

I actually thought it would have been released around now or slightly before now. I had thought the time to release on add-ons and new games was going to be more accelerated as per comments made by BFC. The point being the limited scope of newer titles would make this a reality. At this point it seems like WWII may come as late as 2 years from initial engine launch (July 2007). If that's the case, then that's pretty much the same time increment as the original CMX1 series of games. Perhaps the aggressive patching has pushed the intended release times back a bit? Maybe now that the engine is more mature, the time to release for new add-ons and games will accelerate?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just wondering if development on the marines has had to take a back foot during all the change overs etc or will be getting a juicy update soon? :D

There have been two new betas (or was it three?) during the time of the forum migration. Work/testing has gone on "almost" normally.