BFC did you make enough money?

M1A1TC

I like the new game. I posted some negative stuff when it first came out but most of the really bad stuff has been fixed. Like most here I felt like I paid for a beta version. But even it that was true I still feel like I got my moneys worth. Hell I've played almost everyday since it was released.

I can't play the old games anymore the action is just to slow. Yes, I admit it I like RT better, never thought I'd say that. With being able to issue orders with pause it's about like WeGO any way as far as game play goes. How many times in the old game did you scream at the monitor for your guys to stop before they walked into a ambush? Millions I know. With RT and pause you can prevent most of that. True with huge scenarios its had to keep track of the action, but by keeping an eye on the hot spots you can manage it.

man, when i read the title I though, oh no an other rant & rave thread haha

strange thread but not useless, i don't think M1A1TC was being rude. he has got a point if the ganme does not sell well the company may close the doors. BUT i think that's not the case, but we will have how well sell the future titles as they may have screwed new potential players by this BAD release. at least if it does have thje 'CM' in there.

I think modern still has potential and I hope that BF does not abandon it until CMx3 (if ever doe shappen), before WWII we will get addons anyway.

Originally posted by KNac:

I think modern still has potential and I hope that BF does not abandon it until CMx3 (if ever doe shappen), before WWII we will get addons anyway.

Likewise. I hope SF makes it as far as the second module, at least... and personally I'd rather see at least one more 'modern' (i.e anything post Korea) game from the CM2 engine before moving back to WW2. I appreciate that's a minority opinion, though.

Originally posted by Hertston:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by KNac:

Likewise. I hope SF makes it as far as the second module, at least... and personally I'd rather see at least one more 'modern' (i.e anything post Korea) game from the CM2 engine before moving back to WW2. I appreciate that's a minority opinion, though. </font>

I hope they are doing well also.

Arab-Israeli 67-73 wars would be fantastic. Seems like it would be a good way to go since they only need to add maybe 6-8 new vehicle models (centurion, super-sherman, M3A1 halftrack, willis jeep, amx, M48, M60, JS3), several small arms and a couple of infantry models (slap different patches and helmets on the egyptians, jordanians, syrians and iraqis). They would however need 100mm AT guns...perhaps these could be fixed bunker type models rather than the gun and crew to save time. The terrain is about right already. The game engine wouldn't change a bit.

and the theaters & wars that BFC Does plan to cover

plus the reasons for covering them and NOT covering certain others

has been discussed at quite some length during the period we were waiting for CMSF's release

I would imagine a search of some sort might just produce some pertinent results

Guest BigAlMoho
Originally posted by Kevin Kinscherff:

I would rather leave it with the users. These are the folks that buy the product and then post on the good and bad aspects of the software. BFC has a good track record for listening to ideas that make sense.

Yes...

Yes...

Yes, but it seems they have an equally good track record for listening to ideas that only seem to make sense...

Not to worry... CM:SF has done well for us and the entire concept of the CMx2 engine was to ensure that we wouldn't go out of business inbetween releases. 3 years without a major release is, well, kinda tough on the wallet!

We're just about "done" with patching CM:SF. What I mean by that is our focus will shift to making the Marines Module and the WWII version (we are doing both concurrently, which is also part of the CMx2 plan). Now, that doesn't mean that we won't be releasing any patches after v1.04, it just means that we'll start focusing our attention on things other than the patch. v1.04 should pretty much do the trick, however we think a v1.05 in the near future is likely.

Steve

Yes, I meant that there are a whole host of issues left that suck the fun out of the game for me. I can't imagine that they are all fixed in the next patch and it appears that BFC will be moving on to the next iteration of the game and I will be left with IMHO an unfinished game. If Charles is working on the next module that means no one is coding Tac AI fixes for this one (to name one issue).