Although the back story may not include Israel being part of the coalition that invades Syria (if past history is anything to go by) it would definitely seem a shame not to have an IDF (Israeli Defence Force) module at some point in the future. The inclusion of T-55s and T-62s in the Syrian force mix makes it all the more tempting to do some Arab-Israeli Wars scenarios.

Perhaps there could be some way to cater for units that people would like to see in the game but that are not part of the back story other than modules. Patches or third-party add-ons for example?

Originally posted by unsobill:

yeah IDF will be in Syrian war just like they helped throughout Iraq war - LMAO rather ask for that sexy french thing to get implemented instead of those that only brave to shoot women and kids

...Yeaaah I think posts like this might, in part, be why they won't be added.

Yeah I'm sure that Syria would slow the IDF down for a day or so before they were crushed completely. :Dtongue.gif

Originally posted by unsobill:

yeah IDF will be in Syrian war just like they helped throughout Iraq war - LMAO rather ask for that sexy french thing to get implemented instead of those that only brave to shoot women and kids

I'm not even sure what to say to this... other than what planet do you live on? I mean the terrorists are already in the game. What am I missing? :confused:

Originally posted by tiny_tanker:

Yeah I'm sure that Syria would slow the IDF down for a day or so before they were crushed completely. :Dtongue.gif

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by unsobill:

I'm not even sure what to say to this... other than what planet do you live on? I mean the terrorists are already in the game. What am I missing? :confused: </font>

Let's keep a lid on the IDF thing. I'm no fan of Israel's shoot first and forget what the question was policy, but they do not fit any definition of terrorist that I know of. They terrorize, for sure, but that isn't the same as being a terrorist.

And no, the IDF will not come into the CM:SF family of releases. We've got our hands plenty full with the European stuff, and we're not going to get more than a handful of them in either.

Steve

Steve,

That's a pity but I'll get over it. ;)

On the whole "Israel = terrorist" debate, I agree with you that the term "terrorist" is too frequently abused in this regard. Any military action, by any state, is in part aimed at instilling fear in the hearts of the enemy. Israel frequently goes over the top, using disproportionate retaliatory force, in order to punish her enemies or those she believes are aiding and abetting her enemies through inaction or complicity. Clearly this is not something one can really condone as it smacks of bullying. However, it is hardly the same as some of the atrocities we see perpetrated by genuine terrorists in Iraq and elsewhere every day.

Oh, and by the way, since when did morality have anything to do with wargaming. We happily play as the Germans in WWII games and yet Nazi Germany is guilty of some of the worst crimes against humanity ever perpetrated. Despite this, we have a sneaking admiration for the German war machine of WWII because it was one of the most professional ever to take to the field.

[ May 26, 2007, 01:24 AM: Message edited by: Cpl Steiner ]