Synopsis: BFC’s recent comments on the CMx2 engine [Long]

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL !

Hey, keep this up and Tom will be out of a job ;) .

I think Tom and Winecape are doing all this hard labour just to be let in on the Beta testing :D .

Notice how the thread cunningly avoids touching the subject beta testing ....

Winecape your position should be a sure thing, with you being first beverage deliverer smile.gif .

-------------------------------------

Just kidding guys. Great work Winecape !

//Salkin

Trust me, if it was this easy to get into the Beta Test team, BFC would have created a department just for receiving gifts and sending out "thank you" letters.

I was offered a seat on the Beta team with CMx1, but had to gracefully decline due to my work & referee commitments. I couldn't promise undivided attention to the Beta test team and opted rather to be harassed/threatened by upset spectators in different stadia around the country then to face MBTW = Matt's Beta Test Whip.

Also my hardware, those days, was not up to par, given my specific test role. Did I mention I bought SLI'ed 6800 Ultra's & AMD FX-55 machine just to put my ref schedules in since then? ;)

Matt is a hard slave driver, and so it should be.

EDIT: Beta Test Team now mentioned above.

[ September 05, 2005, 09:52 AM: Message edited by: WineCape ]

Originally posted by Andreas:

...If it wasn't so unbearably hot here I would drink a glass of Allesverloren to you.

The Port, Cabernet, Tinta Barocca, Touriga Nacional or Shiraz? :cool: What happened to the frozen whites you received last year?

[ September 05, 2005, 09:46 AM: Message edited by: WineCape ]

[Don't get me wrong... we would LOVE to make a much better StratAI. I think we can make an improvement over CMx1, but don't expect a Human like challenge from CMx2's AI. We simply do not have the time nor the resources to get our PhD's in AI and do R&D on a static game system for a few years. We've got games to make…]

Funny how the two guys at Mad Minute Games can make an AI that is overly challenging and very comparable to a human and work "regular jobs" as well and you guys can't. Don't have the time nor resources? Pfft, LAZY is more the word for it. Took them 3 years to do "Civil War:Battle of Bull Run", and work regular jobs also, I don't see where you are handicapped in building a decent AI for your games if they can do it. Better be careful Mad Minute might just push you off the Leader Board as they produce more games.

Kellysheroes,

I have never been rude to anyone on this forum in more than 6 years. I don't intend to be now. Kindly, please refrain from posting critique here specifically on this thread. This is not the place, nor the time to do it here.

[ September 06, 2005, 09:19 AM: Message edited by: WineCape ]

"Currently the only displayed attributes for an indvidual soldier are weapon, specialty, and physical condition (tracks wounds). "

Shades of Duke Nukem! I really really hope there's not going to be cumulative wound counts like FPS games. I'm assuming 'tracking wounds' will differentiate between real-world stuff like walking wounded and stretcher cases. I hope it DOESN'T mean battling with "35% health" like Duke Nukem. The next step would then be hiding health crystals under waterfalls.

Originally posted by MikeyD:

"Currently the only displayed attributes for an indvidual soldier are weapon, specialty, and physical condition (tracks wounds). "

Shades of Duke Nukem! I really really hope there's not going to be cumulative wound counts like FPS games. I'm assuming 'tracking wounds' will differentiate between real-world stuff like walking wounded and stretcher cases. I hope it DOESN'T mean battling with "35% health" like Duke Nukem. The next step would then be hiding health crystals under waterfalls.

"under waterfalls?"

No wonder I couldn't find them in CM. :D