Make Peace Not War

And now we can reskin Red Uncons as good-ol-boy American survivalists fighting to preserve their Second Amendment rights and the purity of their precious bodily fluids against the One World UN Zionist Occupation Government oppressors.

Let me cue up some Hank Jr. and gin up a GMC mod of the Toyota (complete with silver bikini girl mudflaps) at once! Hell, boy! we already have flannel shirts and the General Lee Hummer mods.

Originally posted by LongLeftFlank:

And now we can reskin Red Uncons as good-ol-boy American survivalists fighting to preserve their Second Amendment rights and the purity of their precious bodily fluids against the One World UN Zionist Occupation Government oppressors.

Let me cue up some Hank Jr. and gin up a GMC mod of the Toyota (complete with silver bikini girl mudflaps) at once! Hell, boy! we already have flannel shirts and the General Lee Hummer mods.

I'd hit it.

I've uploaded the finished mod to CMMODS.

The mod features random UN uniforms for US infantry and crews. Whitewash and UN markings for all US vehiclces.

Some pics from the finished vehicles:

UNBradley01.jpg

UNHummer01.jpg

UNMGS01.jpg

UNStryker01.jpg

Thanks to MikeyD for proving that the game works with multiple skins and to Paratrooper for his tip about removing the molle gear. And of course to BF for this wicked game. :D

I uploaded an updated v1.01 and a small update package for those who have already downloaded the first version.

The update corrects some weird looking issues on the helmet textures, adds some little bits and pieces to the stryker hull textures and adds the option to use strykers without slatcages.

StrykerNoCage-1.jpg

The slatcage option was made purely for eyecandy. I don't know if removing slatcages has any effect on the Strykers' survivability in the game.

There also is a small visual artifact which I couldn't get rid of. The cage is still slightly visible if veiwed from certain angles and distances.

For those who are interested how I made the random uniforms work:

As has already been shown in the Syrian Spy Mod by MikeyD, the game can use multiple textures of the same file if there is an index number added. For example "uniform 1.bmp" and "uniform 2.bmp".

However, this only seems to work for soldiers model, not for vehicles(?)

The U.S. soldiers use 4 different texture files: uniform.bmp, us-helmet.bmp, vest.bmp and ussoldier-molle.bmp

Adding index numbers to these files makes the game use all of them on different soldiers, using a certain mechanism:

If there are multiple, numbered texture files of the same name, the game will combine files with the same index number, as long as the total number of corresponding files is the same.

For example, 3 files of each will look like this:

Uniform 1 will be always be used together with vest 1, molle 1 and helmet 1.

Uniform 2 will be always be used together with vest 2, molle 2 and helmet 2.

Uniform 3 will be always be used together with vest 3, molle 3 and helmet 3.

If the number of files is different, for example, 3 uniforms and vests, 2 helmet and molle textures, the game will randomly apply the files with the lower number to the file(s) with the highest number(s).

If there are 3 uniforms and vests each, and 2 helmets and molles each, uniforms 1-3 will always be used with their counterparts vest 1-3, while helmets and molles are assigned randomly.

I hope this makes sense.

Originally posted by The Louch:

Although I wonder how a game as the UN would work?

Would you have a big "OMG we're being attacked" button, that you can press to request permission to fire back? tongue.gif

Give them all no ammo and send into combat. You win when your token forces are depleted.

Thanks guys. smile.gif It's merely a simple "decoloring" of the stock textures. I don't have the talent or the patience of the other modders to come up with a real camo. :D

Cpl Steiner,

There is a thread about how to remove the slatcage here .

Basically, you simply add an alpha to stryker armour.bmp and stryker-storage-transb.bmp and remove everything except the rear door.

Originally posted by John Kettler:

Impressive! Scary! Also, how are you going to model the reduced heat stress on crews in AFVs sans AC? The white paint should drop the interior temperature at least 10 degrees Fahrenheit.

Never gave that a thought. But it's an interesting question. I'd suggest using different levels of fatigue for mechanized troops who start the battle in a vehicle (or arrived in one). For example, white camo=fit and stock camo=weakened(?).

Originally posted by orwell:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by The Louch:

Although I wonder how a game as the UN would work?

Would you have a big "OMG we're being attacked" button, that you can press to request permission to fire back? tongue.gif

Give them all no ammo and send into combat. You win when your token forces are depleted. </font>