The Peng Challenge Thread, it’s good to be back!

37mm

The rules,

Unlike most of the rest of the forum (which we contemptuously refer to as ‘the outerboards’) where there is no rule of law & you can defecate at will, here in the Cesspool there are many, many rules to follow (in fact the Justicar even has a manual on ‘following standard defecation procedure’… although the manual apparently ‘needs' updating with ‘more forms’).

These rules help keep this place WHAT IT IS… and they give the likely insane Justicar something to do.

IF you wish to post here YOU WILL follow the rules, even the ones that you do not know about (there will be many). You might imagine that if you were new here, we might cut you some slack for your inevitable ignorance… THAT will not happen.

And here are a select few of these rules…

(iAx) Respect the Ladies of the Pool

(Eu) Challenge someONE to a game of CM

(Rex) But do it with style, wit & panache

(Balls) But don’t mention your thingy

(GhXc) Mindless bigotry of all sorts is not allowed

(23rd item) There is a hierarchy here & you’ll be at the bottom of it, even beneath the serfs & they’re only good for wiping the boots of us Knights

Yadda, yadda, yadda you hopefully get the picture

[ August 03, 2006, 08:38 AM: Message edited by: Sir 37mm ]

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gamey update

Against Sturmsebber, I’m still stuck in No-mans land and although my bombardment is still ongoing unexpected flanking fire is proving ‘troublesome’

Against Boo Radley, Boo is also out there in No-mans lands… he’s getting closer though, much closer… I have little that can stop him entering my trenches on the right

Against stickccypixie, The First Belgian (is that like being the most sober drunk?) is milling around in one of Jason C’s 1st SS scenarios… I think he’s still upset because his Tiger ran over some AT mines (and this just happens to be an ENORMOUS map… but trust sticky to find the mine).

On another Eastern Front battlefield he is also milling about, this time on the other side of a hill… Belgians!

Against Nidan1, in this fifth battle of Jason C’s URANUS scenarios Nidan1 is simply ignoring the machine gun fire & artillery that keeps on smashing amongst his men. He’s broken across the frozen river in three places… that’s about all he’s done though.

Joe Shaw owes me email & turns

Seanachai owes me email

Noba owes me a set-up

NG Cavscout is 'over there'

Originally posted by SturmSebber:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by stikkypixie:

I think that's how I will call my myself from now on: First amongst Belgians

Stikkie was your first Sturmy? Oddly, I thought you had better taste </font>

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by SturmSebber:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by stikkypixie:

I think that's how I will call my myself from now on: First amongst Belgians

Stikkie was your first Sturmy? Oddly, I thought you had better taste </font>

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

God knows Small Caliber would never be up to the task...

If you want me to raise you to serf then you just have to ask Michael, no need to get stroppy.

Originally posted by Sir 37mm:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

God knows Small Caliber would never be up to the task...

If you want me to raise you to serf then you just have to ask Michael, no need to get stroppy. </font>

does not even dream of "raising" the God Emperor.

On second thoughts ‘raising’ the God Emperor of shrunken genitalia would shirley be an impossible task… though that does give me an idea for a possible quest for Sturmsebber.

The very fabric of the universe sings of my manifold glories.

Yeah, but it's singing them like a barbershop quartet... and it's to the tune of, "Wait till the sun shines, Nellie", and that REALLY undercuts the awe and majesty aspect of the whole thing.

Next time think about going with the kazoo band. It's more your... style.

Originally posted by Sir 37mm:

On second thoughts ‘raising’ the God Emperor of shrunken genitalia would shirley be an impossible task… though that does give me an idea for a possible quest for Sturmsebber. </font>

Originally posted by Lars:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sir 37mm:

On second thoughts ‘raising’ the God Emperor of shrunken genitalia would shirley be an impossible task… though that does give me an idea for a possible quest for Sturmsebber. </font>

Originally posted by Seanachai:

HEY, BERLI!

There's a new translation of Dumas' "Three Musketeers" due out in a few days. As one reviewer says of it:

The new translation is very readable (as are its predecessors), though there are quite a few lapses into pure translationese, that language that no one ever speaks: "what horror," "he is relegating me to the infamous," and so on. But Pevear has got rid of all the coyness about sex that marks most of the earlier versions, and above all he preserves the swift movement and casual complexity that Dumas' breezy method creates.

I figure it's worth a look. The translator's name is Richard Pevear. He and his wife have previously translated a slew of Russian classics before his latest effort.

Got it today. Looks good so far

The opening shot has been fired in the great 'return to the front' of your old Unka Stukey......well, not the opening shot as such more the set up has been sent and we can all be sure that the lovely Bauhaus is already contemplating surrender....

W00T!

Originally posted by **YK2**:

Someones got a Birthday...........

cheap_sheep.jpg

**HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO EWEEEEEEEEE**

Why isn't there a public notice of this posted prominently someplace? Why must people find out about it ONLY when it's too damned late to do anything about it? Why must my daughter be condemned by a chance convergence of the calendar?

For you see my friends, my daughter is getting married today ... ON Mace's BIRTHDAY! Oh the shame of it ... I had hopes for this marriage but now ... well, I can only hope one or the other backs out before it's too late.

HAD I ONLY KNOWN ...

Joe

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

And at least she's not marrying Mace.

Or is there something you're not telling us?

There's something he's not telling me either.

Oh and Lady Emma, thanks for the gift. Now where did I leave my patch repair kit?