I asked this question months ago; Is SF worth getting yet?

Is it working well yet? Is the AI finally up to snuff? Not so important as the money spent on it, is the time I'll invest on it worth my while?

Not trying to be rude here, just getting a feel of it from those who know. Last time I asked, over 3 months ago or so, the answer was generally "not yet".

I'd like to see if this has changed...

last time i voted "not yet". but the game, if you are remotely interessted in the setting i would tell you to get it for the full price now. it was worth it for me, and when TCPip wego with replay possibly "really" makes it in at some point ill be off in lala land for quiet some time longer than i am allready :D

Yeah, its perfect time to get it. I dont think it will be cheaper then $7 any time soon.
if you can get one of thses versions at a local store or so, its the deal of the year so to say :D

I would personally only buy it if you can find it cheap in a bargain bin or something. I haven't totally given up on the game, but I still don't think it's worth the full price even in its current form.

I have waited patiently for almost a year now for the game to meet its potential but there are still way too many gamebreaking issues for me.

Even after numerous patches, infantry still does moronic things that get them killed, vehicle pathfinding on roads is still sketchy (which can also lead to them being killed), the casualty model is questionable at best to me, the game sporadically performs horribly for me even on smaller maps (and my PC is plenty powerful), and multiplayer is almost completely useless.

That being said, I still hold on to hope that someday things will work as they should, but I'm tired of wasting time on a game that still feels incomplete after almost a year.

I should add in fairness that the game has come a LONG way since it originally came out, and when it is working properly it can do some truly amazing things.

The problem is that nearly every battle I play I lose troops or vehicles due to stupid AI or some other glitch and that makes it no fun to play for me any more.

Originally posted by Cadmium77:

Is it working well yet? Is the AI finally up to snuff? Not so important as the money spent on it, is the time I'll invest on it worth my while?

Not trying to be rude here, just getting a feel of it from those who know. Last time I asked, over 3 months ago or so, the answer was generally "not yet".

I'd like to see if this has changed...

Play the demo. If you like it, buy it. Our opinions really don't matter. smile.gif

Have you touched the v1.07 demo? Its exponentially better than the ancient v1.1(?) demo you may have downloaded a year ago. And its got a nice new little scenario in there too.

http://www.battlefront.com/products/cmsf/downloads.html#Demo

And remember, this forum sometimes evolves into 'grousers forum'. Complaining bitterly about in what order squad members enter a building while overlooking that you get to fire Kornet missiles downrange into the side of attacking A2 Abrams' tanks.

:D