Oh poo, now I'm going to boycott BFC & join Taskforce Zarqavi (cont'd)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disappointed? May be, I really don't know... But it seems that the board people is no more the main business target of BFC.

I think the new CM will be technically a good product but I have clearly a problem with the theme... I'm not very fond of desert warfare. So no machine upgrade for me in 2006 :(

[ October 10, 2005, 04:42 AM: Message edited by: Xavier ]

PS: for those who want to pass time with a WW II game: I just bought Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood and have a MEGA-BLAST with it!

Tell you only that much: in the first level you ambush a German convoy consisting of horse-drawn carts! The horses neigh and shy! It is heart-breaking to see them drop under fire!

Best regards,

Thomm

Originally posted by V:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Steiner14:

2. The story: sorry, but Syria is one of the most hatred countries by Israel. The jews will do everything, to throw it down. And that means, USrael will fight and bleed for it...

'The Jews?' How about the 'Israeli's?'</font>

Originally posted by RSColonel_131st:

Now, of course, anyone is free to say "Don't like it, don't buy it". But it should be understood that you have many people here who waited 2+ years for the final announcement on CMx2, and those people sure have a right to be a little displeased.

But do they have a right to be dickweeds about it?

-dale

Originally posted by dalem:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by RSColonel_131st:

Depends on how you define "being a dickweek" I guess.

I'll give you a hint: It's not complimentary.

-dale </font>

Originally posted by Steiner14:

...about 2.5 tons of crapola...

I live in the USA, I hate Bush and most conservatives/republicans, and I don't think the current war was, is, or will continue to be a good idea.

None of that MATTERS when it comes to this GAME though!

By purchasing and playing CM:SF you aren't supporting, ahem, 'USrael' - you're supporting a privately owned and operated wargame company.

By simulating the current REALITIES of MODERN WARFARE, you aren't simulating geopolitical nuances.

Just like by playing the Germans in CMBO, CMBB or CMAK you were not supporting the extermination of countless Slavs, Jews, Gypsies, invalids, homosexuals, etc. (although by some of your rhetoric I wouldn't be surprised if you were).

ok steinar youve earned my point by point condescending treatment. Ive never had to do it before, but then ive never met any one on this forum so dumb.

"Why, if Israel is called the jewish state by it's own definition?"

First of no it doesnt. It caLLS ITSELF ISRAEL! NOT ALL ISRALEI'S ARE JEWISH DUMB ARSE!

"I don't give anything, what sounds terrible to short minded poeple, not capable, to read and understand what is written, but instead acting like Pawlov Dogs."

wtf, TRY AND MAKE SENSE PLEASE!

aND WHO ARE YOU REFERING TO EXACTLY? YOURSELF? WELL YOU SHOULD BE!

"Sure.

That USrael has a strange understanding of what sovereign and free means and that international laws doesn't count for those 'liberators', is not my problem."

yEAH SURE STRANGE. iF BY STRANGE YOU MEAN BEING ABLE TO DO THINGS THAT YOU LIKE TO DO WITHIN REASON.

"Hm, can you tell me, where i wrote that?

It's funny, how incapable people are to understand what is written and meant (although my english is not good, it was definately understandable and clearly expressed).

But on the other hand it explains, how easy it is for western politics, to play it's game and where the masters of mass-manipulation reside"

Yeah i can tell you, in your post he qouted you retard!

The masters of manipulation are the voices in your head that are telling you your not stupid!

"It's all a matter of point of view.

And a matter who wins."

there are such things as stupid points of view. BTW you have one.

1. where is the US? Where are the arabic countries? What is between? [Wink]

okay just stop trying to think, it doesnt suit you.

"2. since 200 years always the same system is claiming only to defend itself - strangely in the meanwhile it rules the world, although it always claims, the evil oponents want to do so... [big Grin] "

Yeah forget hitler, stalin, pol pot and the like, its democracy thats bad! yeah smart idea, no honestly realy smart!

"3. if you talk about poor kids, you should first talk about the 500.000 children, that were victims of the embargo of the great, peaceful west."

If your refering to the embargo's on iraq that was put up by nato. Not by any of the nations directly.

"Then you should think about the victims in the arabic world during the last 100 years, thanks to western 'liberation'."

Of where exactly?

like lockerbie and other such incidents didnt kill people! realy you are very stupid. I cant even think up ways of making you look stupid, your doing such a good job yourself.

"Then you should think about the genozide-state of the Zionists, Israel.

And after putting that into equation, then you are allowed to judge about martyrs and freedom fighters."

Even if you were right, it would only be the governement and eventhen only some members of the military. Not the entire populataion you thick f@@K.

"It's excatly this unbelievable concentration of stupidity and arrogance of the western system and it's citizens, why it is becoming that much despised all over the world - even among his own citizens, who are more or less the profiteers of this world-robbery system, but more and more see through all those primitive lies of good vs evil and take their personal consequences."

while there may be some truth in this, it is the same the woprld over, or did saddam hussain and co treat evryone pecaefully and fairly? ... no i didnt think so.

"If ppl can not accept other opinions, but call themselves democrats or whatever, is not important to me. Stupidity is endless. "

You realise you have just desrcibed yourself?

"But i know, that many ppl think like me, only very few tell their real opinions in forums like i did anyway.

Because i like BFC, because i want further WWII-products, i wanted to give them a hint, not to fall into the US-centric trap.

"

most people wouldnt post opinions like yours on forums because there to ashamed of there neo-nazi propoganda that they have been braiwashed with.

And bfc are only temporarly being us centric for economic reasons, which they have explained already.

"My experience is, that usually US-citizens have absolutely the worst knowledge of what is really happening in the world - but ironically they think, they were the best informed ppl, like they believe, they have the best army..."

Well even if that is true, there still smarter better informed and less ignorant than you.

Originally posted by Ivan Drago:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Steiner14:

...about 2.5 tons of crapola...

I live in the USA, I hate Bush and most conservatives/republicans,</font>

Originally posted by Steiner14:

I don't give anything, what sounds terrible to short minded poeple, not capable, to read and understand what is written, but instead acting like Pawlov Dogs.

This doesn't make any...wait, is that a bell? Must be time to repress some arabs and implant another ZOG.

Hm, can you tell me, where i wrote that? It's right in there with how much you like dead Americans.

It's funny, how incapable people are to understand what is written and meant (although my english is not good, it was definately understandable and clearly expressed).

It was clearly expressed. Most other things you post are not.

But on the other hand it explains, how easy it is for western politics, to play it's game and where the masters of mass-manipulation reside...

I don't know what you mean by "western politics". Is Germany not considered a Western nation? It was once part of the country's name. And for the record, I haven't been mass-manipulated for 3 days.

It's all a matter of point of view. And a matter who wins.

The Nazis lost a long time ago. Maybe someday you'll accept that.

To me this sounds quite brainwashed:

Do you deny that this happens? That sounds even more brainwashed to me.

1. where is the US? Where are the arabic countries? What is between?

The US is in North America. Muslim nations are in Africa and Asia. There are several continental plates in between.

2. since 200 years always the same system is claiming only to defend itself - strangely in the meanwhile it rules the world, although it always claims, the evil oponents want to do so...

We have not always claimed to defend ourselves. Look at WWI. Since when has the US ruled the world?

3. if you talk about poor kids, you should first talk about the 500.000 children, that were victims of the embargo of the great, peaceful west

This peaceful west includes your third reich, err, Germany.

Then you should think about the victims in the arabic world during the last 100 years, thanks to western 'liberation'.

They seemed perfectly happy to kill each other before we came along.

Then you should think about the genozide-state of the Zionists, Israel

I thought about it, then recalled a true genocidal state that had something to do with Jews...

And after putting that into equation, then you are allowed to judge about martyrs and freedom fighters.

Alright, my judgement is that their faith is seriously misplaced and the insurgents hardly fight for freedom, but instead, power.

It's excatly this unbelievable concentration of stupidity and arrogance of the western system and it's citizens, why it is becoming that much despised all over the world - even among his own citizens, who are more or less the profiteers of this world-robbery system, but more and more see through all those primitive lies of good vs evil and take their personal consequences

You're still typing? "world-robbery" I like that. Makes this seem...poetic.

If ppl can not accept other opinions, but call themselves democrats or whatever, is not important to me. Stupidity is endless.

That is the most irony I have seen in a long time.

A buttload of retard rhetoric.

Were you born with that kind of hate in you? I think a person would have to work at it to reach your level.

In the interest of rescuing this poor thread from its political hijacking ... does anyone have a comment along the lines of Sergei's first post?

I am curious to see how CM:SF comes out. I have to admit I am a bit skeptical about the choice of setting and units. The Stryker brigade is poorly suited to an offensive mission against regular forces. They'd require a lot of fire support to pull it off, so CAS and artillery will need to be modeled a lot more extensively then they were in the first run of CM. I doubt they want the game to become CM:JTAC, and it looks like a tricky balance to strike.

All that said, if the game engine is good they'll at least be able to adapt it to the WWII setting regardless of how the SF stuff comes out. So I'm still optimisitc that, some day, we'll get a better CM:BO out of it.

I'm disappointed in the choice of the time and subject, but I'm only interested in WW 2, so that was to be expected. I've decided not to care. On the other hand I'm relieved that CMBB and CMAK/CMETO won't be obsolete for a long, long time and will continue to be the best games on my pc.

Originally posted by dieseltaylor:

on another board someone put your finger on what makes me uneasy about moderns in general. Essentially if you look at warfare as history "killing" people is abstracted to modelling the ways things were. Improving your generalship against what happened.

Here in particular we are being asked to kill people of another race/religion in a country whilst already in the act of doing so now. I feel relieved now that I have fingered the unease factor.

Hit nail on the head for me.

I am trying to keep an open mind but this aspect of the game concerns me.

In some ways it is silly as I quite happily play WW2 and watch tanks blow up with little thought at times to what that really means.

A modern day game would not have that seperation and it would hit home more.

For example if I set a Roadside Bomb to nail the opponent I am not sure how I would feel seeing the troops tumble from the A/c with fire licking their clothes.

Hmmmm not good..

:(

I will wait and see but I have worries that I won't be able to seperate the reality of what is currently happening to that in the "game" and after reading the AAR above on Real Life tactics if it simulates those problems it will be a great training aid, but maybe not a game that everyone can stomach?

H

To me, Strykers are nothing more than modern halftracks (just much more expensive, thus, less expendable).

Given that, you may find that you won't be using them in direct fire roles very much. You'll probably be dismounting your infantry and then holding back the Strykers under concealment with very narrow MG firing arcs to help support the advance of your infantry.

They're just too vulnerable to use in any other fashion. Imagine if every single squad in WWII had a bazooka or panzerschrek in it. No nation would have bothered fielding anything but heavy tanks if that had been so. The situation is the same with the Stryker units of today. The modern RPG is just way too common for that type of AFV to be in the fight very often.