Release date

Germany's biggest gaming magazine Gamestar today has reported on its website that Paradox and Koch Media have announced the release dates for CM:SF, which is June 12th for US customers and June 15th for european customers.

I didn't find anything about the release dates when browsing through the forum, forgive me if that's old news.

Link to news article.

Official Paradox press release wording:

New York, USA (April 19, 2007) – Recognized global publisher Paradox Interactive announced today the shipping date for their next big strategy release - Combat Mission: Shock Force. Developed by Battlefront, Combat Mission: Shock Force is a modern style military simulation set to challenge the standard of current wargames on the market.

Combat Mission: Shock Force is scheduled to ship to stores in North America on June 11, 2007 with a simultaneous release on Gamer's Gate and will ship to stores in Europe on June 15, 2007. The game will retail for $39.99/€39.99.

The computer games series Combat Mission has received much acclaim from the gaming community for its simulations of tactical battles. Its fans span the globe and Combat Mission: Shock Force is described as the pinnacle of the series where the developers have poured years of experience into the game and its entirely new engine.

This tactical military simulation depicts a hypothetical near future conflict between NATO and Syrian forces in Syria.A highly story driven semi-dynamic Campaign, from the US perspective, offers a completely new experience for Combat Mission fans. Each battle include a detailed Mission Briefing outlining specific Objectives, which can range from taking a particular spot on the map to retaining force cohesion. The Objectives for each side can be different, allowing each side to fight according to its own goals rather than a single set common to both.

You mean you guys arent playing it? I wake up every morning, tell the wife to make my breakfast, take the dog out to do her business, put Slayer on the stereo, call my psychic advisor, pick my winning lotto numbers, call the Playboy model mistress for our daily "massage" session, waxx philisopikal, THEN sit down and save the US pacifists from the evil that is in CM!

See it isnt even the first thing I do in the morning, so I can wait for the release. smile.gif

Originally posted by MikeyD:

Well they COULD just release the game now i suppose - but then you'd have to download a dozen patch fixes and frequent a dedicated CMSF complaints forum. It sorta sounds easier to wait.

Ah heck, that's how Microsoft does it!

Originally posted by MikeyD:

Well they COULD just release the game now i suppose - but then you'd have to download a dozen patch fixes and frequent a dedicated CMSF complaints forum. It sorta sounds easier to wait.

That's what UBI did with SH4 and look how well that turned out. :D