Glad to be back....here's my verdict...

Hey guys. Its probably been like three years since I've posted. But, of course, I had to get CMSF.

I used to love doing scenario design for old series, and even was fortunate enough to have my scenarios published in the retail release of CMBO. I have spent countless hours on the old series.

I've been playing CMSF since it came out a few days ago, and I just HAVE to say.....

FANTASTIC!

You guys at Battlefront have outdid yourselves. Your support is unmatched, too. Well done! Bravo!

I hope to be designing some stuff for the community soon.

Hey, I remember toiling on quite a few of your offerings ! (We Fight and Die Here, 29th Let's Go, etc. mmm, not sure I have those titles right)

Welcome back, and I hope you feel inspired by the editor ! Let us know what you come up with !

JV

Hey! Welcome back Franko. Your name has lived on even when you weren't here. The newbies would ask, "who the heck is Franko?" and the old hands would say "pull up a virtual chair and set a spell. This is a story of great bravery and cunning, with a mix of insanity thrown in just to keep things exciting!". And so the yarns would continue until the wee hours of someone's night.

Ah... virtual campfire stories across 12 time zones :D

Steve

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

Hey! Welcome back Franko. Your name has lived on even when you weren't here. The newbies would ask, "who the heck is Franko?" and the old hands would say "pull up a virtual chair and set a spell. This is a story of great bravery and cunning, with a mix of insanity thrown in just to keep things exciting!". And so the yarns would continue until the wee hours of someone's night.

Ah... virtual campfire stories across 12 time zones :D

Steve

This is what I mean. The Battlefront guys are so responsive, they get nostalgic within a New York minute (wait... Dorosh will correct me and say that it has been about TEN minutes)

Frank

Originally posted by Tarkus:

Hey, I remember toiling on quite a few of your offerings ! (We Fight and Die Here, 29th Let's Go, etc. mmm, not sure I have those titles right)

Welcome back, and I hope you feel inspired by the editor ! Let us know what you come up with !

JV

Jeez, those were some of my favorites to design, too. My favorite design, and the best response I got, was for "August Bank Holiday". Thanks for remembering!

Welcome back.

Your scenarios were always outstanding.

Been mostly PBEM for years, but I did play a homegrown campaign similiar to Robert Oleson's Quick Campaign (ROQC) using Franko's True Combat rules so the AI would be a reasonable challenge, and it was the best single player ever in BB.

Played a couple of QB's in SF with FTC rules and its been a real hoot.

Originally posted by Franko:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Tarkus:

JV

Jeez, those were some of my favorites to design, too. My favorite design, and the best response I got, was for "August Bank Holiday". Thanks for remembering! </font>

Franko!!!

I came back too! Great to see you! I have three maps already, having a ball with with editor....

Will be looking for playtesters soon willing to trade out play testing with you... You still in Sac, I am up here in Chico still!!

Well I need some sleep. Will send you an e-mail soon. :D

Michael "Gonzo" Gonzalez

Originally posted by GonzoAttacker:

Franko!!!

I came back too! Great to see you! I have three maps already, having a ball with with editor....

Will be looking for playtesters soon willing to trade out play testing with you... You still in Sac, I am up here in Chico still!!

Well I need some sleep. Will send you an e-mail soon. :D

Michael "Gonzo" Gonzalez

Look forward to hearing from you..and happy to playtest!

I am going to have to throw in my vote for "Tank Warning" as well. Putting yourself at ground level from the German perspective after you have ordered a battalion of T34's to charge was a religious experience. That scenario kept CMBB on my harddrive a lot longer than anything else. It is the only scenario I have ever written an AAR for because it was so much fun.

Welcome back Franko. I am looking forward to seeing what you can do with the new engine.

Originally posted by sgtgoody (esq):

I am going to have to throw in my vote for "Tank Warning" as well. Putting yourself at ground level from the German perspective after you have ordered a battalion of T34's to charge was a religious experience. That scenario kept CMBB on my harddrive a lot longer than anything else. It is the only scenario I have ever written an AAR for because it was so much fun.

Welcome back Franko. I am looking forward to seeing what you can do with the new engine.

DUDE! Please send me the AAR! I'm dying to read it! Or post it!

Franko, glad to see you are back.

I actually lost "Tank Warning" as the Soviets against a good German player, found out the hard way charging the German lines was not a good idea even when you have a huge amount of tanks.

My favorite were "Der Manstein Kommt" and "Anzio".

I hope we will see your work in CMSF.