A small update, small bones

Yeah, yeah, yeah... I know... I've been away for a while. It's either because I've been sunbathing in the Caribbean or I've been working a lot. Since I'm as pale as Casper the Friendly Ghost, the answer is rather obvious :D

The way the development cycle goes is Charles gets fed some ideas and then he goes away for a while, thus leaving me alone to chat with you guys as I design on my own schedule. Then Charles resurfaces and demands (blast him) all sorts of things from me and wants them yesterday. Since I am oddly inclined to make him happy, I shun all distractions and get right to it. The past month or so has been one of those intensive periods, with more to follow. In fact, soon there won't be any breaks in between requests. That's a good sign that development is moving towards the happy ending phase.

What specifically have we been working on? Cool stuff, of course :D Will there be something to show you sooner rather than later. Yup. As many of you know we've been holding off releasing more screenshots and what not because, well, there wasn't much to show that you haven't already seen. The work has been largely "under the hood" stuff up until recently. We'll have something to show soon to prove that we've not been napping these past many months. What is soon? I dunno. Depends on when we get one thing in particular complete. Could be a couple of weeks.

So there you go ;)

Steve

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by c3k:

Hey, anyone else notice that BF.C TOTALLY screwed up the thickness of the space lobsters' shells? They need to address that in a patch...right now!!

smile.gif

Ken

Depends.....the earlier models used to have shells like that, but I'm not sure they are putting those in the game.

Hmm...Dorosh is that the model F Assault Lobster or is it the regular H one ?

//Salkin

Originally posted by Sergei:

To save your time, I'll just put it up here:

stryker.jpg

Er, has anybody noticed that these lobsters are red? That they are, in fact, ex-lobsters?

Not that having a 1,500 pound dead lobster fall on you is anything to laugh about...

Originally posted by ParaBellum:

N00b... :rolleyes:

Of course these are not actual lobsters, but merely lobster projectiles, fired at the poor grunts from the space lobster mothership in earth orbit. Looks like the BFC guys have already implemented the code for planetary lobster bombardement.

I approve of our new Overlords and hope they send down some clarified butter.