Suggestions to improve the UI

M1A1TC

So does that mean casualties will be tracked for several missions (a whole campaign) or just for the current mission? (didn't play CMx1 much)

Tracking casualties for a whole campaign would be very cool and help a lot in creating a realistic, engrossing atmosphere in campaigns...

(this feature is a darling of mine, so please bear with me for persisting...)

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve, I am really looking forward to the WW2 games with the new engine. I guess, somebody asked that question before me, but can you give a rough estimation when we can expect the first WW2 game? If I remember correctly, somebody from the team said that the WW2 games and the add-on for CM:SF will be developped parallely. Is this true?

• 1 month later...

Been said a few times already but in the context of other requests I would like:

Contact reports from all callsigns - in US parlance SALUTE/SPOT reports displayed in real time (or close enough).

It is done of a fashion in games like BCT Commander or TACOPS and yes it can be done in this game but only if you click around various friendly and enemy icons. I have worked and will be doing so again soon as an Observer/Controller and when I did it the last time (7 years ago) - units were slaughtered in the AAR for not providing this information.

Given that this game is designed to be squad level and above (and most games are played at Pl and Coy level) I feel that this is reasonable feedback. On any British net - the Proword CONTACT shuts anything else down - therefore what follows has to be important and yet it is not modelled here. I appreciate that units have to have comms (don't start me on the British Army and comms!!) but on a map size modelled in CMSF nowhere is out of comms on most maps - even for us!