Ghost Campaign

Webwing

[Edited: January 03, 2008]

-

Teaser3.jpg

Teaser4.jpg

-

You know how ads are, a lot of impact but not 100% accurate.

The ad above is no exception. There is some support from units other than infantry in the missions of this campaign. It was impossible for me to design longer missions without the addition of support assets. Still infantry accounts for most of the forces in all missions. For this reason they have a different pace than you are normally used to.

This is not a realistic campaign in the sense that infantry would not be fighting with so little support. Still I tried to make it as believable as possible.

There are many excellent missions with combined forces to be downloaded. I tried to experiment with something different. Besides, I like the WWII feel this sort of missions have.

Hope you like it too. Have fun!

-

DO NOT DOWNLOAD IF YOU DON'T INTEND TO PAY IT NOW.

WAIT TO DOWNLOAD LATER AND GET AN UP TO DATE VERSION BY THEN.

-

--> Download it from CMMODS <--

--

[ January 04, 2008, 03:04 PM: Message edited by: Webwing ]

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The splash image in your post looks amazing! It could be a film or book poster. I downloaded the PDF and was not disappointed there either. It certainly makes me want to try the campaign.

There were a few typos and grammatical errors in the PDF however. Were these deliberate (i.e. to simulate what a field commander might do)? If not, I could email you a version of the text with the errors corrected, if you'd like. It would be my pleasure to help make your campaign perfect. Let me know if you want me to send you suggested corrections.

Thanks to all for the comments.

Hope I won't let you down with the campaign.

Besides the competition is getting tougher everyday with so many great missions being released.

But you didn't get fooled did you?

By now it's obvious I work for advertising.

And you know how that works.

A lot of hipe for products that... well... aren't all that good! :D:D

--

Originally posted by Cpl Steiner:

There were a few typos and grammatical errors in the PDF however. Were these deliberate (i.e. to simulate what a field commander might do)? If not, I could email you a version of the text with the errors corrected, if you'd like. It would be my pleasure to help make your campaign perfect. Let me know if you want me to send you suggested corrections.

I guess a field commander's English would be a lot better than mine! :rolleyes:

I'm not a native speaker, but that sure is no excuse for mistakes. Design is my thing really not writing. Excuses, excuses again... :D

I'm aware of some of the mistakes and was planing on proof reading this again before the campaign was uploaded.

Love to get your email with the corrections. Would be really great. I'll give credit, in the final version, for everyone that helped with this campaign.

---

Webwing, I'm probably to blame for not proof reading it throughly when you sent it to me, I was to impress with the art work and lost interest in reading it. :D I just wanted to try the campaign, to hell with a few typos and a few grammatical errors in the PDF. They can just live with it :D

Originally posted by Cpl Steiner:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Webwing:

Love to get your email with the corrections. Would be really great. I'll give credit, in the final version, for everyone that helped with this campaign.

No problem, I don't expect to be in the credits. I'll send you an email as soon as I can (hopefully in the next few days). </font>

GunzAbeam,

Thanks for the comments.

---

JohnO,

Don't worry about the text thing. I just asked you to take a look and give your oppinion not to proof read it.

---

Originally posted by M1A1TankCommander:

Great graphics webwing!!

Thanks.

But although it's not obvious and I did spend some time doing graphics, briefings, etc. I can garantee that 70% if not more of the time I spent doing this campaign is been spent adding a trench here, some trees there, a little elevation to block LOS, delete this squad, add another unit there, change the experience of another one, etc. Balancing the missions so that they will be fun and challenging to play. Not only pretty graphics to look at.

Still I think the graphics add another dimention to the project.

---

Originally posted by handihoc:

Great preview. Really gets the juices flowing!

Glad you didn't mind me quoting you in my add! ;)

I needed a few famous names to give credibility to the project! smile.gif

---

Originally posted by Hev:

I agree with JohnO, someone kidnap webwing and throw him in a deep hole (not madonna)

Totally unacceptable him making us look so bad :D

I quite like the Madonna reference! smile.gif

----

Originally posted by Other Means:

Webwing - that looks brilliant.

Thanks,

Took me some time to figure your nick! Clausewitz!!!! So obvious now!!! smile.gif

----

Originally posted by Dirtweasle:

Wow.

Save your awe for the Normandy Landing mission! You'll know what I mean when you play it. Many references to WWII in this one!. :D

---

Originally posted by War RaVeN:

Can’t wait.... tick, tack.... time.....

:D

Hey friend! Hows TOW going?

--

Originally posted by kipanderson:

Webwing,

Congratulations… looks very impressive.

CM in all forms brings the most talented out of the woodwork smile.gif .

Thanks,

All the best,

Kip.

Thanks,

First game where I could do a campaign really close to what I wanted...

---

Originally posted by Chelco:

Man, that's great! Looking forward to play this campaign.

I hope you like infantry. Some missions you'll have more than 800 on the map at once!

---

[ December 17, 2007, 09:50 PM: Message edited by: Webwing ]

Originally posted by Taki:

If the Campaign holds what the PDf and the Opener promises im definatly in there to play! Great Work.

Thanks.

I don't think this campaign is for every one.

There is not a single Abrams in the whole campaign. Only 2 Strykers and even then in only a couple of missions. Not much in terms of artillery either.

But if you like infantry... well, I can bet you will enjoy it.

I'm still messing with the last mission but had a great time playing it just now.

--