Ghost Campaign

Webwing

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by handihoc:

Just got totally wiped in Counterattack. It's mean, it's nasty, but it's gotta be winnable. Time to rethink my tactics. . .

Place your troops so they can neither be seen or fired at from behind the bridges, but still cover every possible route inside the village with overlapping target arcs.

Remember also your mortar assets. A bridge filled with charging soldiers is swept clean within seconds with 81mm airbursts (line-2-light-quick).

EDIT. Forgot to add: In order to minimize casualties use first floors for fighting, 2nd and 3rd floors and roofs for observation.

[ April 16, 2008, 01:56 PM: Message edited by: Sven Dufva ]

Just finished it. I changed my tactics and did more or less as Sven Dufva says (off my own bat, though, before reading your post!).

So, I fought heroically, thwarted the enemy attack, took out three of their BRDMs when the 5th Cavalry arrived, but in the end didn't manage to actually take the bridges back, so ended with Total Defeat.

Wonderful fun, but humiliating.

Will this defeat have an effect on later battles?

I've moved on to the next. This is going to be my first night battle since 1.05, so looking forward to it. What a great map! Quite scary, actually.

Originally posted by handihoc:

Just finished it. I changed my tactics and did more or less as Sven Dufva says (off my own bat, though, before reading your post!).

So, I fought heroically, thwarted the enemy attack, took out three of their BRDMs when the 5th Cavalry arrived, but in the end didn't manage to actually take the bridges back, so ended with Total Defeat.

Wonderful fun, but humiliating.

Will this defeat have an effect on later battles?

I've moved on to the next. This is going to be my first night battle since 1.05, so looking forward to it. What a great map! Quite scary, actually.

Hey my friend,

Didn't see until now that you had already finished the infamous mission and posted here!!!!

The only way I can win this one is by using a very careful ambush in RT.

But I didn't want to water it down to make it easier.

For me this is one of the most exciting battles in the campaign. Not so many troops, you are on the defense and loads of heavy action all the time.

I'm not sure how the end result for the campaign is calculated but it shouldn't be too bad. The thing you have to worry most though are casualties.

Thanks for the feedback.

Hope you carry on in the campaign and let me know how you are doing.

-

• 2 weeks later...