Ghost Campaign

Webwing

Originally posted by Taki:

First Impression: Its awesome. Its the Mission i mostly enjoyed on CMSF and i starts to reach my CMx1 Experiences!

Sometimes Infantry dont react good (Crawl of Death) and there are still some LOS/LOF Problems but Game Mechanics get more and more Predictable and i my Mens are start Following my Orders.

It was really Fun to play the Machinegun Missions!

I post a AAR on this Awesome CMSF Experience in the Mission Design Forum.

Will play the Next Mission later that Day!

Great Job so Far Webwing!

Hey Taki, thanks!

I'm glad you liked it

Some game bugs and issues become really evident in some instances but you'll learn a way round them!

The first mission is the smallest, just an "antipasti". :D

A tip. Even if you manage to have no one killed the casualties won't be in the next mission either. So your force will shrink as you go from mission to mission! Take good care of them!!! ;)

I'm looking forward to your AAR.

--

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Hope the Second Mission dont get too haevy as i dont Like that Blood seeping Missions.

But let me see. I would also like to play the Campaign from a New Start but i dont like to Reload and take it as it is right now.

So i got 2WIA 2KIA so far. Lets take the Bridges.

Originally posted by Topo:

First mission very fun, brefing interesting and immersive; each mission is well correlated to others; great campaign, thanks!

Thank you.

I didn't want just a sequence of missions, but a real campaign feel. The PDF was so the player would have a better understanding of the bigger picture and be more immersed in this universe.

--

HI Webwing

GREAT! GREAT! GREAT! This is better then any of the campaigns in Cmbo, Cmbb and Cmak. This is what CMSF was meant to be. The game is much better with lots of infantry. I hope Battlefront thanks you. I hope you make more infantry campaigns. BTW Battlefront his campaign really showed off patch 105.

Originally posted by WW2Wargamer:

HI Webwing

GREAT! GREAT! GREAT! This is better then any of the campaigns in Cmbo, Cmbb and Cmak. This is what CMSF was meant to be. The game is much better with lots of infantry. I hope Battlefront thanks you. I hope you make more infantry campaigns. BTW Battlefront his campaign really showed off patch 105.

Thanks a lot!

You know what, I have put in many hours to make this campaign. It's not perfect, it's not exactly the way I wanted. I don't even think it is finished. But I tried to do it the best I could.

After all that, reading a post like yours is something really gratifying!

I'm really glad you liked it.

--

[ January 07, 2008, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: Webwing ]

Hey Webwing, hang in there. Don't get discourage. Its like being a painter, when your done and you think you are done and you look at it again and say just one more touchup :D are we still going to work on that one campaign you sent to me?

Hey JohnO,

I'm not discouraged at all!!!

Just mentioned it is a lot of work and it's really rewarding to read some nice feedback.

I guess that wasn't clear!

The other campaign, Painted in Red, I have to confess gave me a big headache. I just could not do anything right playing the Red side. It didn't feel right. That's why I asked for help and left it for a while.

I'll probably use some of the maps for an idea I have been playing with lately.

---

Originally posted by jhdeerslayer:

Is this campaign "low wall" friendly so to speak? :)

There are low walls.

In at least 2 of the missions they can be a bit of a pain. You can find a way around the problem of course.

But if that bothers you I'd say wait a bit more for the patch.

--

Originally posted by JohnO:

not much longer I hope for the patch to fix the low wall bug.

-

Yep!

-

Originally posted by Field Marshal Blücher:

Congrats to Webwing for all the hard work he put into it!

-

You are part of the team! Congrats to you too!

-

Originally posted by vincere:

Started the first mission late last night. Played up until I got a nasty suprise. Enjoyning very much thus far. Maybe it's because what I'm reading at the moment, but it has given my imagination an Afghanistan feel.

-

Nasty surprise on the first mission?

I fear you will be shocked then with what you are about to experience in the following missions. :D

-

Webwing, I'm really looking forward to this, but getting itchy waiting for 1.06 because I found the low walls bug a real annoyance after 1.05 and so have held off playing SF for a while. Suffering withdrawal symptoms though.

I'm wondering ,are you planning to update the campaign or should I download now?

Yeah, I know how it is.

1.06 seems to be really close though.

I was planning on some updates to correct a few things. But I don't have enough feedback so far.

Instead of tweaking things I started a major upgrade(not just correcting stuff) for the campaign actually but I still can't say when it will be ready.

Might as well just download it and play it as it is.

Have you read the AARs? Missions 4 and 5 are where most people are having problems. Not sure if anyone got much further than that anyway!

--

"Too Hollywood like" is my Opinion on that too.

I liked the First Missions till i had a Complete Company Wiped out by a Militia Force Equiped with APCs and Running like Fanatics onto my Positions.

I liked the First Missions where you had to Plan carefully and good logic Strategy worked out. After that it became a bit too "Hollywood-like" Masses of Enemys too much to shot, to many own Casualtiys reminds me more of a 1h "Black Hawk DOwn" Movie then on Combat Operations.

Anyway the Best Missiondesign so Far and a Realistic Ambiente and RPG over more then 1 Mission was Fun to play.

Originally posted by Taki:

"Too Hollywood like" is my Opinion on that too.

I liked the First Missions till i had a Complete Company Wiped out by a Militia Force Equiped with APCs and Running like Fanatics onto my Positions.

I liked the First Missions where you had to Plan carefully and good logic Strategy worked out. After that it became a bit too "Hollywood-like" Masses of Enemys too much to shot, to many own Casualtiys reminds me more of a 1h "Black Hawk DOwn" Movie then on Combat Operations.

Anyway the Best Missiondesign so Far and a Realistic Ambiente and RPG over more then 1 Mission was Fun to play.

Taki,

It is really a shame that you stopped your fantastic AARs.

I understand that you were disappointed by the 4th mission. That is totally my mistake because you followed the briefing and that was misleading. The disaster that happened was because you tried to follow the bad briefing that I gave you. The mission itself is not that imbalanced in my view and from others feedback. But I understand your disappointment.

For what I understood you stopped the campaign there never playing any of the subsequent missions.

From other peoples feedback I think the 5th mission needs to be changed. It will be in the next version.

I would really like to know what you thought about the 2 last missions if you ever get to play them.

--