OVERALL are you enjoying CMSF ? (YES or NO)

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a 2:1 ratio by my count yes:no (trying to filter out colored commentary).

I bet at this time in CMBO's release the ratio would have been closer to 10:1. I think 2:1 is a little troubling for a game from a company with BFC's reputation.

Its also interesting that there almost as many positive responses to the CM:Gold discussion as there is to this discussion (about half the overall responses).

Not really, CMBO got a lot of noes when was released, I'm talking early release. We will see some months after and compare then. The other "poll" thread had more positive responses overall.

Also, BFC being more known and having a reputantion, from my experience as gamer and gamign forum observation, soemtimes is worse when deep changes are done to next generation games.

im make that

-------------

YES = 52

NO = 31

-------------

and about half of the "NO" faction added the "not in current state" , "has potential" , "waiting for next patch"

on the face of it it doesnt sound like BF have done that bad a job for the hardcore fans ... granted we are missing a few things we took for granted in CM .... HIGH HOPES all round then smile.gif

anyone got a website for uploading/downloading CMSF missions yet ?

YES and NO, a definite MAYBE.

Some things I like and are an improvement over CMx1.(i.e. graphics, relative spotting, air/arty implementation, command&control, 1:1 implementation)

Some things I don't like and feel like a step backwards from CMx1.(i.e. current WEGO/PBEM issues, Pathfinding, Tac AI, LOS/LOF issues)

Right now, I am ambivalent and will probably be until a few more patches come out fixing some of the obvious issues.

[ August 21, 2007, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: Sgt.Joch ]

Originally posted by Leta:

NO.

Current WEGO system is only a RT system with replays. When the CMSF has a REAL WEGO system, with enough CPU time to calculate all combats and movements and therefore a decent AI, maybe YES.

This one I don't get. Has BFC said that there is an issue with RT keeping AI dumbed-down? I've seen speculation but nothing from them.

-dale

YES. The game is CM with 1:1 representation, realistic graphics, rotating individually sprung wheels, and ATGMs. What's not to like? What may have helped my opinion of CMSF is i didn't come to the game with fantasy expectations waiting to be dashed - except i was hoping to see working wristwatches on the troops. Another boost to this game was the slow old system I was running CMx1 on. 6 years of my screen being downsampled to death and napping while the blue bar progressed was long enough.

Patch v1.03 should go some way towards quieting a proportion of the AI complainers.