RoW II: The Boots & Tracks Brawl (Part IV)

Bertram sent me a turn prior to massive cybernetic improvements on his end. He continues to push on multiple axes, but I gave him a very hot reception. If the new toys and installation go smoothly, we'll continue to pound each other with gusto. If not, I'll have to wait until he gets everything back in E-harmony. His move. About ten turns left.

Regards,

John Kettler

I know TB can read this if not post and while the e-mail is at home I seem to remember darling fisherman is looking after the thread.

Any chance of posting if any scenarios have been completed in totality?

Where we are in games left to report by section?

You know the normal stuff to feed the fish swiming here...

H

Gentlemen,

A message from Treeburst:

Finished Games Reported:

Tourney I, 30/60

Tourney II, 36/60

Tourney III, 32/60

We're shooting for mid-September guys. That's about four more weeks. If your turn around rate is slow, it's time to pick up the pace if at all possible. We're in the home stretch now.

As soon as I have 75% of the results in, I will send my spreadsheet in text format (few can open my .wks files) to all those who are finished at that point. I don't want to do it sooner for security reasons.

I will let you know when we reach the 75% mark. After that you need only email me with a request for the scores. I will verify that you have finished your games, then send you the scores.

Fight On!!

Bertram returned to the fray with rather more power than I would've preferred, dealing me some real hurt in the last movie. It wasn't all his way, though, by any means. I cut him up severely in several places, with one a real textbook demonstration of how to wipe out a unit.

Regards,

John Kettler

Seven turns left in our martial macerator. Losses continue to mount on both sides. Troops on both sides have urgent business elsewhere, but seem to die before getting there. A vampire would weep at the loss of so much blood. Battle tempo is unbelievable. Environmental damage will require considerable remediation, but the participants will be scarred for life, those who survive, that is. Why Bertram won't surrender is beyond me.

Regards,

John Kettler

Mortal eyes shouldn't see such sights. Bodies everywhere! There's also the small but vital matter of maintaining scenario security for those to come. If Treeburst155 and cronies can figure out a way to show the gore and devastation without giving away critical scenario info, then I'm all in favor. I will be providing the customary end of game image and tally. Have issued orders and sent the new turn to Bertram. Six more turns!

Regards,

John Kettler

Gents,

A message from Treeburst:

You're doing a great job with game results and AAR submissions. You're making my job simple and quick. Thanks for following instructions. It REALLY helps me. smile.gif

At this time I have on record 37 AARs. If you have sent in one or more AARs, you are listed below with the number of AARs I have from you. Let me know if you think I've lost one of yours.

Bertram-1

Combined Arms-1

cuzn-1

Evan-2

Heavy Drop-2

Jack Trap-5

Jon L-2

Juha A-1

J. Kettler-4

MickOZ-5

Mike8g-3

Rat-1

Redwolf-1

Spanish Bombs-2

TabPub-1

Tom-1

Vadr-4

I'll let you know when I have 75% of the game results in. At that point, those of you who have finished ALL your games may request the current scoresheet via email.

If you can open Microsoft Works files (.wks) you'll get a pretty spreadsheet. If you can't, you'll get an ugly text conversion, but you'll be able to figure it out. Unless you specify the Works file, you'll get text. Most people can't handle my antique spreadsheet files. smile.gif

Remember, we're shooting for mid-September for completion of the "regular season". The finals will consist of a three game round-robin that ALL players may participate in. Our never before seen scenarios are in testing right now by the Boots & Tracks Scenario Design Team.

I'm not sure how much of a negative impact on these finals the CMBB release will be, but I'm hoping most of you will still be interested. For the section winners there is WineCape's vino and war movies (Tourney III) on the line. The rest of you I would like to see participate so I can get a good median score for the three scenarios. The more times the scenario is played, the better balance can be determined. Thanks!

Fight On!!

Treeburst155 out.

Two minutes out of finishing Head for the Hills with Jarmo. That will be my 3rd.

Only a few minutes left in St Mere with Fate.

But MrSpkr and I are only halfway in Another Day.

Still haven't heard anything.