CMMOS Poll

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have been asked to conduct a poll to find out just how many of you out there are actually using CMMOS. So, to start things off:

I am. That's 1.

(Please keep a running count as you sound off as my sense of math is "one", "two", "many"). smile.gif

Gordon

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have it installed, but I haven't yet started using the new 3.0 I did use the older version - then I got involved in this Onion Wars thing and so am using non-CMMOS mods for our pretend army and vehicle markings. I hope to use CMMOS 3.x when the campaign is done - especially the lo-res feature.

Keep the count at 3 - but don't be discouraged, Gordon!

If I counted correctly, I'm number 9. And I've burned a copy of it to CD with as many mod's as I could get my hands on at the time, for two friends who just don't seem to be interested in surfing the web ... but they installed and love using CMMOS to chnge the look of their games as appropriate. smile.gif So I guess that might be numbers 10 & 11?

I'm using 3.x, after having started with 2.x a few months ago. I find it great, and am looking forward to various terrain mods to round it out.

I've manually installed Magua's Normandy terrain to compliment his CMMOS buildings, but all vehicles except the Tiger are CMMOS.

Regards, and thnks for getting all those mod authors' great stuff together with this!

I use it, I just wish more mods were available, such as differnet terrian sets. I have 4 different BMP folders burned on disk and I swamp them from time to time. Normandy Folder, DF-res folder, DFDR folder and a winter Folder. Its just a pain to put CMMOS into all the folders to use. If more of the terrain sets were compatible with CMMOS I would use all the time instead of all my folders. I really like the program just need more CMMOS mods.

I am using it, and I think that makes me 15.

I use it for every mod that it is available for, and for quite a few for which it is not.

I wonder if it would be useful to have a separate thread devoted to basic CMMOS questions ? I get the impression that many people are using it with hesitation simply because they don't fully understand how very easy it is to use [e.g. a mod installed under CMMOS 1 will work under CMMOS 3, though not as elegantly as it would have it if it had been designed for CMMOS 3 -- the trick is to make sure you haven't installed CMMOS to an unusual part of your hard drive]. Maybe Gordon could run a CMMOS FAQ thread for posterity ?

[ January 29, 2002, 09:00 PM: Message edited by: Philippe ]

Ok, time for some responses.

Priest, nobody has it fully implemented yet! :cool:

Louie the Toad, what seems to be your problem? Send me an e-mail at "gordonemolek@earthlink.net" and we'll get you straightened out.

Peiper#1, I'm working on rolling up Clubfoot's and Pascal's "unofficial" RuleSets into the "German Vehicles" and "Winter German Vehicles" RuleSets, so there's hope. ;)

Herr Kruger, all version of CMMOS can be installed over previous ones. If there's any special cases that need to be handled, it will be in the documentation.

Bannon, yes it does have something to do with mods. Check out CM:HQ.

Philippe, well the documentation that comes with CMMOS (I know, who ever reads documentation? tongue.gif ) clearly says that if anyone has any questions or comments to please e-mail me at "gordonemolek@earthlink.net", and I'm always prowling the forum for any threads with CMMOS questions. PawBroon and I are discussing having some sort of "CMMOS Information Section" on his "M&M" site, but it's still very preliminary.

Gordon

I recently did a major d/l session to upgrade to 3.0. After trying both the batch file system and ModManager, I can honestly say CMMOS is the way to go. I'm looking forward to the new rulesets that are in development.....

I've lost count but think I am #17?

Jonah

I just installed 3.01 and I like it so far but frankly haven't played around with it a lot. I'd like to see more mods for it too, especially one for the Wasp.

Question: I'm confused as to why some icons represent entire divisions of an army while others only represent certain units.