Interview by Macgamer.com has a few bones!

Guest Panzer Boxb
Originally posted by HijackGMH:

Can someone tell me what the updated release date is? My network admin won't give me access to the Mac site.

"CMBB is currently in development and is expected to ship around early summer this year."

Waaaaaah! Waaaaaah!

But those screenshots! Ooo! Ooo! *droooool*

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

cmbb04.jpg

Uhh... are those shadows on the houses?

Did I simply fail to grasp this development in previous "bones" or are those [whisper]lighting effects[/whisper] subsequently added for the interview?

If added subsequently, how could you be so cruel? And if not, I gotta go change my shorts.

I love the downspout on the house in the town shot... For some reason...

BEAUTIFUL WORK!!!

:D (BTW I don't think the shadows are long enough...) tongue.gif

[ February 28, 2002, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: -Havermeyer- ]

Originally posted by Thin Red Line:

Summer is a season, not a date. It's summer in Australia right now isn't it ? :cool:

They might have said late 2nd quarter

but they said "early summer"

I guess that could mean sometime in June???

Summer in the northern hemisphere does not OFFICIALLY start until the longest day of the year on the summer solsitice June 21. So thats pretty close to that other June 22 guess.

-tom w

Hi,

The entire thing sounds outstanding. How are people like me expected to remain sane while we wait?

The graphics looking stunning. Special praise needs to go to Dan for his work. Every time I see screenshots of CMBB I find myself thinking the same, how will the modders compete with Dan’s shipped graphics? Of course, some genius out there will improve them, but at present I cannot imagine how.

With the doodads, or what ever they are called, the wheat fields really look great. Look forward to seeing brush too. Dan, give us a screenshot of brush when it is done.

For a military history nut like me, CM really is a huge change for the better and I am eternally grateful to BTS. CM is a true simulation and that is why I am such a big fan. It’s moving, shooting military history.

All the best,

Kip.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

There were a few other bones in there if you read closely (Africa and France 1940 before the rewrite??)

Nnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! :(:(:(

Another CM without relative spotting?!? Oh the humanity!

And I'd really like to see some 32-bitness and dynamic lighting, too. I really hope BTS goes for the gusto and does the engine re-write for CM3. Even if it takes a lot longer to develop. The fewer CM games that are written with the older engine, the fewer re-writes that have to be done for the new engine. You could then get started on that Napoleonic CM much earlier! ;):D

- Chris

Originally posted by kipanderson:

Hi,

The entire thing sounds outstanding.

For a military history nut like me, CM really is a huge change for the better and I am eternally grateful to BTS. CM is a true simulation and that is why I am such a big fan. It’s moving, shooting military history.

All the best,

Kip.

"It’s moving, shooting military history."

AND it works as promised (mostly :cool: )

AND it is CROSS platform Macs and PC's play Head to Head NO PROBLEM

AND it is no more expensive than other poorer quality games.

AND it is the graphic elements are user modifiable

AND therefore it can be made nicer and prettier if one so desires

AND it has a built in Map Editor to allow players to create their own maps and scenarios.

AND they patch it promptly when there something is obvioulsy wrong with the game that they did not intend in the first place.

AND it has a GREAT community of military history nuts that follow it on a GREAT forum Bulletin Board to keep track of whats new!

WHAT more could we want?

(Well CMBB I guess? Doh!)

smile.gif:D

happy happy

-tom w

Here is a theory about the functionality of CMBB that we have not heard (and maybe we will receive verification). Looking at the winter screen shots, there are two distinctly different snowy terrains.

Note, the farm village scene is along the lines of the recent BoB mod- light snow with bare paths of dirt.

Now, consider two other scenes- the city scene of the KV-1 destroying a kubelwagen; and the night QB in the blizzard (both of these displayed in previous weeks). In both these cases, the snow covered the entire ground.

So, are we looking at two differing snowy terrains based upon the setting? Perhaps a difference for light snow and deep snow? Maybe, the guys are also going further for a mud terrain style as well?

Anyone know who to speed the Earth's gravational orbit so that summer gets here quicker?

Those T-34's make a grown man cry.

With all the talk about looks, what about sound? Will BTS be able to get some authentic sounds of the vehicles or will they remain generic like in CM? I guess the modders can do that as well.

Originally posted by Commissar:

With all the talk about looks, what about sound? Will BTS be able to get some authentic sounds of the vehicles or will they remain generic like in CM? I guess the modders can do that as well.

That's a good observation, I don't recall reading anything about the sound either, enhanced or otherwise. I think for me that is something just as, or more, immersive as graphics. Even if BTS doesn't have the time or resources to put in unique sounds for everything maybe they could put generic 'hooks'(?) in place, filled with the same .wav files for convenience, then the modders could do their work afterwards to give things their own distinct sound.

Ron