Interview by Macgamer.com has a few bones!

From the NASA website

The longest day is in the middle of summer, June 21st or 22nd north of the equator. That's called the summer solstice . The shortest day is in the middle of winter, around December 21st or 22nd, north of the equator. That's called the winter solstice.

So we should expect the game well before the 22 of June

To find out some basic information about the seasons go here, doesn't have any information about speeding up the Earths orbit though

Oh and the speed of the Earth around the sun is 107,305 Km/h.

[ February 28, 2002, 10:09 PM: Message edited by: SpazManOught ]

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Observation man, I diddn't want to look at the beautiful pictures for very long, otherwise I might go insane thinking, and droolling over myself creating sandtables in my backyard while reading Glantz, Bevin, and Guderian's Panzer Commander. Man I really want to have this game. Shouldn't he have a big 3-pronged antnenna sticking off the back engine of that lead

T-34/76B? Or would only Battalion level command tanks have those? Or did the Russians have asolutly no command tanks in the 1941/42 years?

Originally posted by Michael emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by KwazyDog:

The T-34 is an older texture, but will be updated soon

It's probably just me, but don't the gun barrels look just a llittle too short and fat?

Just thought I'd mention it...

Michael</font>

Originally posted by Mr. Johnson--:

...I might go insane thinking, and droolling over myself creating sandtables in my backyard while reading Glantz, Bevin, and Guderian's Panzer Commander...

Uh, not to nit-pick but Guderian's memoirs are called "Panzer Leader". Hans von Luck wrote "Panzer Commander" which is sort of a mis-nomer since as a recce unit commander, he drives a lot more armoured cars than tanks (though towards the end - Normandy and beyond - he is in a PzIVJ) and it too is a great book.

Originally posted by gunnergoz:

Those are very early production T-34's with the short-barrel 76mm gun in the CMBB snap that we see. The gun had a recuperator tube that was mounted on top of the barrel and that projected outside of the gun mantle in it's own armored housing. I don't recall the model number but they were only in production from 1939-40 IIRC.

Here's a photo from the Russian Battlefield http://www.battlefield.ru/ :

t34_41.jpg

Nice pic, Gunner. Thanks for posting it. I still think that the barrels on the BTS tanks look to me to be about 6" too short and 2" too fat, but hey it really doesn't matter. They look great anyway.

smile.gif

I need to dig out my T-34 book and start thumbing through it if for nothing else then for the pleasure of it.

Michael

Hehe, they are old models too guys, news ones should start going in in a couple of weeks smile.gif

All final models were taken off of blueprints where possible, so they are about as exact as they can be, but youd be suprised just how much one tank can vary from blueprint to blueprint, depending on the author.

Dan

[ March 01, 2002, 12:36 AM: Message edited by: KwazyDog ]

Originally posted by Michael emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by KwazyDog:

The T-34 is an older texture, but will be updated soon

It's probably just me, but don't the gun barrels look just a llittle too short and fat?

Just thought I'd mention it...

Michael</font>

Originally posted by Munter:

Looking good! Especially I love the real-looking treelines against the pale winter sky. It feels like... home. One can almost feel the familiar breeze. The trees will certainly not wave in the wind yet, I recon?

There's still something odd with the screenshot with the T-34/76's. Compared with the contrast setting of the terrain the tanks look a bit hazy. Their colours don't seem to have the same intensity or depth as the backround. Soldiers do look alright, however. Should I get my eyes checked or what?

M

You may well be seeing artifacts from the conversion from screenshot to web-postable, e.g. jpg compression.

KwazyDog,

Thanks for responding. Guess I'll be gluing wheat stalks to the front of my SU-85s! I figure the real stuff would be at or close to the top of the SU-85's fighting compartment.

I'd love to see corn, but what I really want are vast fields of tall sunflowers. Practically screams Ukraine! How are we fixed for row crops?

Regards,

John Kettler

Hey John,

I have seen much wheat but none higher than about three feet at harvest. However, Corn was a definite "ambush crop" along with the infamous Russian Sunflower, of which thousands of acres were in full maturity during the battle of Kursk.

In fact, a meeting engagement between major armor spearheads of both sides became intertwined and were firing at point blank range...Imagine a thousand exploding church bells... Read Paul Carell's "Scorched Earth" and "Hitler Moves East"

for further detail...

rigormort

"I told ya I was sick"